Automation Hardware

I wanted to see if there were any recommendations on hardware choices to use with the IQ2 Plus panel and alarm.com. I am looking for equipment that “just works” on the alarm.com platform and that is rock solid reliable. I recently just added the energy management feature to my plan, but the recommendation for the Aeotec Home Energy Meter was for a Gen2 but that doesn’t seem to be available anymore. Aeotec currently has a Gen5 version now. Is there any other options other than Aeotec? What additional hardware can be added to help monitor energy usage?

Garage Door openers, I noticed that Chamberlain used to be on Alarm.com’s compatible hardware list but now it only lists Liftmaster (even though they are the same company)

The Alarm.com smart water valve seems to be the only logical option but I am interested to hear any other suggestions.

Any other alarm.com services that anyone can comment on how they have been useful for you, I’d like to hear about. My intention is to go with the full suite of alarm.com services. I know video is also available, but I have heard its not very good.

Qolsys also has a hardware compatibility list, but can anyone comment on if hardware on that list works reliably with Alarm.com

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

The Alarm.com ecosystem page as well as device lists from the manufacturer of your alarm panel should be consulted prior to making device purchases.

The most recent from Qolsys can be found here.

Garage Door openers, I noticed that Chamberlain used to be on Alarm.com’s compatible hardware list but now it only lists Liftmaster (even though they are the same company)

Both work for MyQ integration. See this guide here for more information on compatibility and setup. Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller is also supported

The Alarm.com smart water valve seems to be the only logical option but I am interested to hear any other suggestions.

The following are supported:

• Smart Water Valve+Meter ADC-SWM150
  • Alarm.com Smart Water Valve ADC-SWV100
  • DynaQuip Water Valve Watercop
  • FortrezZ Water Valve WV-01

Any other alarm.com services that anyone can comment on how they have been useful for you, I’d like to hear about. My intention is to go with the full suite of alarm.com services. I know video is also available, but I have heard its not very good.

More information on video through Alarm.com, including compatible devices and features can be found below:

Tyler,

can you add an provide a little further info on the Aeotec Home Energy Monitor. The version on Aeotec’s website says its a Gen5, will that be compatible? What other devices can be used to monitor energy usage? Are there other Home Energy Monitor’s that can measure each individual circuit that are compatible?

I know Alarm.com claims the more sensors you add to your home the smarter the system gets. Is there any info available on how the platform uses that info and what features and capabilities you get of the more sensors.

Only the Gen 1 and 2 are listed as compatible. However some users have reported that the ZW095-A (Gen 5) does function as expected and some users have reported potential issues..

The other devices listed compatible devices are:

• Aeotec Home Energy Meter (G1 and G2)
  • Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Switch (ZW078)
  • Jasco Energy Metering Appliance Module (Z-45653WB)

More information on Energy Monitoring can be found below: