Video Analytics Overview
Video Analytics enables smarter video alerts on what matters most. It actively detects and distinguishes between people, animals, and vehicles to reduce nuisance alerts. Combined with new virtual tripwires and fenced-in activity zones, youcan enhance perimeter security and gain more insight into activity on your property.
Once a person, vehicle or animal is detected, you can receive an enhanced alert with a thumbnail image of what was caught on camera. Also control what should trigger a video alert and what can be ignored. For example, when a:
- Person enters your yard at night, but not animals
- Car pulls into the driveway, but not when it drives past
- Pet gets on the sofa, but not when it walks around the room
- Person loiters on the porch, but not when mail is delivered
- Employee enters a restricted area, but not meeting rooms
Additionally, Video Analytics can even trigger light automations like turning on an outdoor Z-wave light when a person is detected on the property.
When viewing Video Analytics clips, playback begins when people, vehicles or animals are detected.
What is required to use Video Analytics?
The use of Video Analytics requires two things:
- An active Alarm.com account with Video Analytics enabled
- 1 or more compatible cameras.
Through Surety, the Surety Complete plan includes Video Analytics.
Which Video Devices Support Video Analytics?
The following video devices are compatible with Video Analytics:
- 1080p Indoor Wi-Fi Camera (ADC-V523) *
- 1080p Outdoor Wi-Fi Camera (ADC-V723) *
- Indoor Fixed w/IR (ADC-V522IR)
- 180° HD Camera (ADC-V622) *
- Outdoor Wireless (ADC-V722W)
- Indoor/Outdoor Mini Bullet (ADC-VC726)
- Indoor/Outdoor Dome (ADC-VC826)
- Indoor/Outdoor Turret Camera (ADC-VC836)
- Indoor/Outdoor Bullet Camera (ADC-VC736)
*Requires Calibration prior to creating Video Analytics Rules