Is there a way to increase the volume of the ADC indoor camera?

Hi! I tried the intercom feature of the ADC indoor camera, and out of the box it’s useless.

I can barely hear the voice even if I’m right next to the thing. So for it’s intended use case, to talk with someone in the room, it’s unworkable.

Unless out of the box volume is set super low, and there is some way to increase it a lot?

There is no volume setting for the ADC V515, and I can say it will not have booming audio, though it should be audible. Standing next to it and testing your voice will likely be a little louder than what comes out.

If you believe you are having an issue, try rebooting the cam, then turn off the audio in Video Device Settings and turn it back on. Any change?

I tested it by sitting in the same room with it, speaking into the app, and listening to the steamed audio.

I can hear that it is coming out, so I know it’s working, but no one would ever notice it in normal environment, not even in a perfectly silent room.

So unless it can be increased, it’s useless. Does anyone use the feature? Do other cameras implement it correctly?

Does reboot mean power cycle? I can’t find a settings/config menu in the app. Also can’t find a user manual.

I can hear that it is coming out, so I know it’s working, but no one would ever notice it in normal environment, not even in a perfectly silent room.

The sound will not be extremely loud, but testing mine I can hear it and understand what is being said even with my son’s screeching Pokemon show playing, it would certainly be heard in a silent room.

If you can’t notice it in a silent room, I would try the troubleshooting steps. Also, have you lengthened the power cable at all? If so, how far is the power run? What gauge cable was used?

Does reboot mean power cycle?

Yes, use a power cycle to reboot the camera. Unplug the plug-in wall transformer, wait 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

The video setting I am referencing is found in the Alarm.com website under Video > Settings > Video Device Info.

Installation manuals for devices can be found on our product pages.

Thanks, I power cycled the camera. And the audio came back. Hope that’s not something I will need to do when I’m away!

Volume is not nearly as hi as yours though. With any sound in the room, it’s impossible to detect audio from the camera. It’s ok if room is perfectly silent though. I wonder if we got different manufacturing batches.

Yeah I saw the install manual, I was after a user manual. Installation is only the first half of what a user needs.

You know, like what the heck is this thing and how do you use it, exactly? Like every other consumer product has.

It would save your org a heck of a lot of time too, not having to answer the most basic usage questions they should cover with a manual (which they should augment with a decent kb).

The reason I couldn’t find the settings you were referring to, is because I was looking in the ADC app. The ADC app mirrors the web site in most every way so far, but under device settings there are none.

When I followed your advice to the site instead, I found them. This is yet another feature request for that poor app: can you of pass on for me?

Forgot to answer your question: no, using power supply/cable included with camera.

Ok, more confusion about the app and the site: followed your instructions to find video device settings on the site, and found setting called “optimize your camera’s image quality,” but when I select it, it says use the app to adjust this, instead. But the app doesn’t have any video settings. What’s up with that?

Ok, more confusion about the app and the site: followed your instructions to find video device settings on the site, and found setting called “optimize your camera’s image quality,” but when I select it, it says use the app to adjust this, instead. But the app doesn’t have any video settings. What’s up with that?

I’m not following this.

“optimize your camera’s image quality” is the descriptive text for the Video Device Image page link in the main settings navigation menu, not a setting. You don’t need to use the app to access that.

Is this what you are looking at?

Please provide a screenshot of the message you are seeing when you click it. Let me know what browser you are using.

Yeah I saw the install manual, I was after a user manual. Installation is only the first half of what a user needs.
You know, like what the heck is this thing and how do you use it, exactly? Like every other consumer product has

Thanks for the feedback. Individual camera models have spec differences between them, covered by data sheets, but overall, settings are going to be mostly the same, and all are accessed through Alarm.com, and those settings in Alarm.com include help text you can hover over while viewing the website pages for a description of the setting.

They do not produce user guides describing camera settings, though I am happy to send feedback.

User guides are designed for specific functions:

Great links, thank you for that help!

Well, it’s in the video settings section. And it says “optimize” which sounds like a setting. So I was looking for a setting.

But I hear you, that it’s not. So I guess this is all just app feedback.

Whether I need to use the app or not, if the app mirrors the site, it should not leave out some of the links and settings, it’s too confusing, and to hard to remember “you can only access this setting front the app” and “you can only access this setting from the site”

Why are the app and the site identical except there are no settings under the settings menu?

Not that both the app and sure have video settings link, but the app is empty except for rules. Only the site version has the screenshot you shared.

So this loop is crazymaking. On the app, the video settings menu contains no settings. On the site, one of the settings says must use app to change. But there are no settings in the app.

Here is the video settings in the app:

And here is the video settings in the site version:

And here is what happens when I select the optimize funding in video settings in the app:

But as we discussed, there are no video settings in the app…

Thank you for all your help, and for passing on my feedback.

I see, you are using a mobile web browser. Yes, certain features and settings are not conducive to the mobile web browser. Some sections of the mobile website will redirect you to the app simply because they are being accessed on a phone.

I am suggesting you use the website on a pc/laptop/mac web browser.