IQ Remote not connecting

My IQ Remote no longer connects to my IQ Panel. It just says “Trying to connect IQ Panel.”

I have rebooted both the IQ Panel and the remote panel. I’ve run network tests from the IQ Panel. They both report being connected to the same SSID. I can also see that they’re connected to my access points via the network management console. I’ve also tried to rediscover, but they won’t connect.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

How long has this been occurring? Have you tried a Master Reset on the Remote, then removing and re-pairing it with the IQ Panel 2? Master Reset on the remote is found under the settings menu.

Just a couple of days. I just tried doing a master reset on the remote, removed it from the IQ Panel and then tried to do a new pairing by pressing pair on both panels, but I can’t get it to pair.

Just to verify, what is the firmware version on the IQ Remote?

Do you use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 ghz networks? Did you make any network device changes recently?

Firmware version on IQ remote is 2.3.3. The SSID for both 2.4 and 5Ghz are the same. Both have grabbed IP addresses in the same subnet. I can’t recall any network device or configuration changes.

Can you try setting a unique SSID for the 5ghz network and connect the panel and IQ Remote to the 2.4 network as a test? Any luck pairing? Typically there is a router component to these issues, and I am curious if the Remote and IQ Panel are not playing nicely with the two networks.

If it works, try setting the 5ghz network back to the same SSID and make sure the Remote and IQ Panel still work normally.

I connected both to a separate 2.4ghz network and they paired up just fine. It’s weird because it’s never been an issue with anything else on the network before. I haven’t moved them back to the SSID with both 2.4 and 5ghz networks. If it’s useful for you, I can try to do that.

Strangely, my other problem with the remote has come back (https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/arming-from-iq-remote-secondary-panel-reports-arming-by-user/) and it now reports the erroneous “Armed Stay by Molly Maid” notification. Not sure if we want to continue debugging this in the other thread or not.

Strangely, my other problem with the remote has come back

I’m not able to recreate this, but if a firmware update seemed to resolve it last time, can you try just rebooting both the IQ Panel 2 and the Remote?

On the panel, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Panel Reboot.

On the Remote, hold the side button for a couple seconds and choose Reboot from the screen prompt. Wait until the Main panel has rebooted fully before triggering this.

Rebooting both panels seems to have fixed the problem.

Has anyone had a problem getting the remote to connect to WiFi? It will not connect to either of my routers. I see it try in the router logs:

Auth 80:5E:4F:D2:B4:3D, status: Successful (0)
Jun 12 14:04:00 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(527): eth6: Assoc 80:5E:4F:D2:B4:3D, status: Successful (0)
Jun 12 14:04:01 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(464): eth6: Deauth_ind 80:5E:4F:D2:B4:3D,

But, it just disconnects after one second…and repeats many times.

Is it a router setting or incompatible router? They are Asus routers.

Which IQ Remote are you using? Is this connected to the IQ Panel 2/2+ or is this the one for the Gen one panel?

I started having the same connection issue this morning. The remote was connected to my home wifi and everything was working great but suddenly it failed to connect.
After looking at the logs it appears the remote connects over and over again without being able to obtain an IP address.
I tried to forget the network and reconnect it but the issue persists. I also tried to use the AP mode on the panel but the remote still fails to get an IP address. This is even more obvious when trying to set it up with WPS.
I also did the factory reset and retried to connect to both my home wifi and the panel AP without success.

I have an IQ Panel 2+ and the latest version of the remote. The panel is on version 2.5.2 and the remote on 2.5.2rc2.

What else can I try to get it to work once again?

After looking at the logs it appears the remote connects over and over again without being able to obtain an IP address.

Interesting, have you tried setting a static IP address in the Remote and IQ Panel 2+? Try the Remote first, connected to your home wifi.

It seems the issue persists with a static IP. Well, it’s not trying to obtain an IP anymore but the connection is not established.
Also when I try to connect to my home wifi the UI becomes really unresponsive and tends to crash and reload so it’s not easy to forget the network and reset it.
That does not appear to be the case when connecting to the panel AP. It fails to obtain an IP but the UI is still responsive.

Can you try after applying the latest 2.5.3 firmware release?

See here for firmware details and update instructions.

Upgrading the panel fixed the issue. I suppose rebooting the panel would have been enough. At least it’s up to date now.

Thanks!

I’ve also started having similar problems to the above - my remote panels (2 of them) are unable to connect to the main panel. I have tried rebooting all panels, no luck so far. I tried applying the update (I’m on 2.4.2) but it is unable to find the update, gives me error code 104.

All devices are connected to wifi, I have not made any changes to my network.

Suggestions?

2.5.3 is an update for 2.5 versions. You will need to update incrementally I believe.

One thing you can try with the Remotes is turning on the panel’s Access Point mode and connecting the Remotes directly to the IQ Panel’s access point instead of the home wifi.

Find on the panel under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Wifi Devices > Access Point Settings.

I’ll try the access point mode and get back to you.

As for the upgrade, it states in the instructions:

Your IQ Panel must be on software version 2.0.1 - 2.4.2, or 2.5.2 and connected to Wi-Fi to install this update wirelessly. Panels running version 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 are not eligible to update to 2.5.3 directly at this time and must be updated to 2.5.2 from Alarm.com first. A separate process to update 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 panels directly to 2.5.3 will be released in the coming few weeks.

Apologies, yeah I was referencing the requirement to get to 2.5.2 first, but completely forgot it’ll hit 2.4.2 and older. Yes there was a somewhat convoluted problem caused by updates from 2.5.0 to a subsequent version which 2.5.3 resolves.

So you are using the patch tag iqpanel2.5.3 when trying to upgrade and getting an error stating it is not found?