IQ Remote Panel Not Connecting

Hi folks! So, last night, my IQ remote panel lost its connection to the main panel. It remained on the WiFi and the website listed the device as “Ok”. I tried pairing it, but it was taking a while so I just went to sleep.

Well this morning it was still trying. I went to work and when I came home, it was showing a “failed” message on the main panel.

I looked it up and found this post, which is the same issue as mine. I tried a master reset, then rebooting both panels. Those attempts didn’t seem to work.

Jason also made this recommendation:

Unfortunately, I’m not sure what any of that means. Please forgive my ignorance.

Modern routers operate two band wifi networks: 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Most give the owner control over these networks’ settings. A select few obfuscate it and force specific settings.

A troubleshooting step would be to make sure that the SSID (the network name) for the 2.4 and 5 networks is different. This keeps the panel and remote connected on the same network bandwidth at all times. You would want them connected to 2.4

If you are not comfortable with making settings changes on your router, there is another (probably better anyway) option to try and troubleshoot.

You can instead try to use the access point mode of the IQ Panel 2+, which is easier and won’t impact your other devices in your home.

This is found on the panel under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Wifi Devices > Access Point Settings.

Enable the access point and use its SSID and Password to connect the IQ Remote directly to the IQ Panel 2+ rather than your home wifi.

Not only did this suggestion work perfectly to reconnect the remote to the main panel, but it also seems to have solved another issue that was really bothering me: A massive (+/- 30 seconds) delay between sensor activation and remote panel notification. That was going to be a post itself, had the remote not disconnected from the panel entirely, taking priority.

Really appreciate all the help, and especially your guys’ patience with my lack of understanding the technology and terminology involved in all of this. Thank you so very much.

Fair warning, there are probably going to be many more posts from me, as I’m still figuring this whole thing out and trying to have the best system possible. Promise I’m trying to not bother you too much though.

No worries, this is the place to come with questions!