IQ Remote not connecting

Correct. Inputted the patch tag, then hit update, and it got the error.

If you reboot the panel and the router, any change with either connecting to the remotes or the update server (which is direct to Qolsys) after reconnecting?

I tried the AP mode - that worked. I think I prefer the AP mode anyways - takes my router/network settings out of the picture.

After reconnecting the remotes using the ap method, I’m able to do the upgrade.

Thanks for the help!

Great news, thanks for confirming!

Hello there, I know this post is old, but this is the closest thread to my issue. I have an IQPanel4 with software version 4.21-ADCS 9.12.2with Build Number 20221003_b2. The remote is QW9104-840. On the main panel, it does note that we had a new upgrade to our patches this morning, but the time stamp states it was after we had a phone call about the remote not working and setting off the alarm.

I was able to go through some of this with success; I reset the remote and was able to pair it by using the main panel as an AP, but could not transfer it back over to wifi and re-pair. I have verified that they are on the same network.

Has anyone else come across this issue and give some assistance?

I reset the remote and was able to pair it by using the main panel as an AP, but could not transfer it back over to wifi and re-pair

Can you clarify here the intention? If you are having trouble with the wifi connection, using AP mode would be recommended.

If AP mode works, there is no need to switch back over to your home wifi for the Remote.

Hi Jason,

I cannot use the AP mode because it is all the way across the building outside of the range of the AP.

I have verified that they are on the same network.

Are you using the same SSID for both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network? This is a common issue, and making sure both the IQ Panel and the Remote are connected to a 2.4Ghz only network SSID is important. That will allow them to remain in LAN communication without interruption.

They are both on the same SSID and on the 5GHz network, which is the same setup as they were when they were working.

Use 2.4Ghz on a unique SSID. It must not share the same SSID as the 5Ghz network.

2.4 has better range and will be more reliable for devices like the panel and keypad.

I created a new network that only had 2.4GHz, and it worked fine. I could not choose what it connected to from the panel itself. My guess is that the new software push ended up destroying the capabilities of the 5GHz network. Thanks for your assistance.