Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller
The Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller connects directly to your Garage Opener and communicates with your panel via Z-Wave to allow for remote access and automation via Alarm.com.
When considering the Linear GD00Z Garage Controller, keep in mind that it is a Z-Wave device and will likely require additional Z-Wave devices to communicate successfully and consistently. More on setting up a Z-Wave network can be found here.
Garage door opener compatibility
The Linear Z-Wave Garage Door Controller is compatible with nearly all non-MyQ garage door openers with safety eyes. Notable exceptions can be found here.
Caution : Any opener with a MyQ logo or Craftsman Assurelink logo is not compatible with this device, and a LiftMaster remote solution should be used instead.
Which Linear Z-Wave Garage Control models are compatible with Alarm.com?
Currently, Linear Z-Wave Garage models GD00Z-5 and lower are expected to work on Alarm.com. However, the GD00Z-2 is specifically branded for ADT and may have some proprietary features.
Alarm Panel Compatibility
Panel type Minimum version required 2GIG GoControl Panel 1.13 + 2GIG GC3 Panel 3.0.2+ DSC Impassa Module 181b + DSC iotega All DSC PowerSeries Neo All Interlogix Concord 4 Module 183a + Interlogix NX Module 183a + Interlogix Simon XT/XTi Module 183a + Qolsys IQ Panel Panel 1.6.1 + Qolsys IQ Panel 2 / IQ Panel 2 Plus Panel 2.2.1 + SEM - Honeywell/ADEMCO Vista All SEM - DSC PowerSeries All
Enrolling and Installing the Linear Garage Opener
For physical installation of the device, you will want to follow the included directions.
The installation manual for the GD00Z-4 can be found here.
After following all installation instructions, you will want to test the unit to ensure proper functionality.
To Add/Delete the Linear opener:
- Put the Z-Wave controller into Add/Delete Mode.
- Press and release the link button on the GD00Z-4.
- Verify that the GD00Z-4 was recognized or cleared by the Z-Wave controller.
Its a good idea to pair the Linear Opener with the panel first, before mounting the Linear opener. Some additional steps:
- Begin with the garage controller within 6 feet of the panel or module.
- Delete the garage controller from the Z-Wave network.
- Place the panel into Add Mode and trigger the garage controller.
- Wait two minutes before locally operating the device.
- Verify that the garage controller shows up on the Alarm.com website and responds to open/close commands.
- Move the garage controller to its final location and run a Network Rediscovery.