All Sensors Failing

I’m having an issue that all my sensors says “sensor bypassed”

It keeps saying they are all bypassed and then it randomly shows them working for a few seconds and then it shows them fail.

This has been happening the past few days. I appreciate the help and insights.

The Sensor Bypassed trouble condition indicates the system is not actively monitoring a sensor due to it being in a not ready state (i.e. closed) when the system was armed.

1. Disarm the system.
  2. When all sensors are in a ready state, re-arm the system.
    • If the sensor is still bypassed locally, verify the sensor is in a ready state (i.e., closed) and is functioning properly.

An offline or malfunction indicates the sensor(s) are unable to communicate with the panel. Steps on how to identify and resolve this can be found here:

Additionally, your firmware is out of date. A list of firmware, patch notes, and update instructions can be found here:

Thanks, what about the sensors that say malfunction?

All of my sensors suddenly said malfunction for 12 hours. Then they went back to normal.

A few days later they went back to malfunction. What can be causing this?

Thanks!

An offline or malfunction indicates the sensor(s) are unable to communicate with the panel. Steps on how to identify and resolve this can be found here:

If every single sensor in programming is going into malfunction at once, power cycle the panel and test for resolution.

To do so safely:

1. Disarm the system
  2. Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down
  3. Unplug the power supply from the wall outlet
  4. Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.
  5. Leave the whole panel powered down for 10 minutes.
  6. Power up battery first the power supply Hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds to reboot.

Looks like your 345Mhz sensors went into offline status but not the PowerG ones.

On an IQ Panel 2 there is one exceedingly common cause for this kind of issue where legacy RF sensors go offline all together.

The IQ Panel 2 uses a thin white flexible antenna wire for the legacy RF radio which must be routed out the back of the panel and into the wall for proper reception.

If the wire is left bunched up in the panel or pinched in the back plate when closed up, it will negatively impact sensor signaling and cause these offline statuses.

PowerG sensors are unaffected by this because they use a different radio and antenna.

Open the panel, make sure that white antenna is run out the back of the panel into the wall, then close up the panel.

Thanks, but I am unable to open the panel as it will not close as the connectors are broken so I had to tape it together.

How can I fix this or do I need to replace the panel?

You would need to open the panel to address the issue if it is related to the antenna.

If the panel is broken and you are looking to replace, a 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 would be compatible with your existing sensors.

If my device malfunctions and it says to power cycle the device Screenshot by Lightshot

How do I do this?

If my device malfunctions and it says to power cycle the device Screenshot by Lightshot How do I do this?

Steps to perform a power cycle depend on the device you are referencing. Looking at your account I see a malfunction on an ADC-T2000 thermostat.

If you are trying to power cycle a T2000 thermostat, you can just pull the thermostat straight off of its mounting plate and terminal block, then remove batteries. Wait about 60 seconds, then insert new batteries, and reconnect the thermostat on its mounting plate.

What about other sensors? How do I power cycle the device

I am uncertain what device you are referencing. There are no other current malfunctions reported by your system. Please let us know the model of device you are looking for assistance with power cycle steps.

In general, if you mean on a wireless alarm sensor, open the sensor and remove the battery for 60 seconds. That said, a power cycle is not generally a fix for wireless sensors, and the issue is more likely something described in the post linked below. Replacing batteries can help, but just powering it off and back on generally won’t.

If you are still referring to situations where all sensors report offline status, the recommended steps to try first to address this issue are listed above. Below is a link to the post I am referencing. Have you checked this yet? Power cycling sensors will not help resolve this at all.

I keep getting this error once a week Screenshot by Lightshot and Screenshot by Lightshot

The errors last for 24 hours and then are fixed without me doing anything.

What can be causing this and how do I prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

Those are offline malfunctions. Here is the post describing what they are.

They are occurring for all 345Mhz sensors periodically. It is not occurring on PowerG sensors that I see.

The thin white antenna in the panel must be checked in order to troubleshoot. It is very likely the cause. It must be routed out the back of the panel to ensure the best communication from 345Mhz sensors. It cannot be left inside the panel.

Offline malfunctions can resolve themselves. The cause of the issue is missed supervision signals, and when the panel receives a subsequent supervision signal, that lets it know the sensor is functioning and the offline malfunction goes away.

Please see the prior answer linked below for the prior description of this.

Have you checked the antenna yet? It is the cause of this kind of behavior on an IQ Panel 2 about 99.99% of the time.

Can you walk me through how to fix this and show me an example of how the antenna should be on the panel so I can make sure this is set up correctly?

Thanks!

Can you walk me through how to fix this and show me an example of how the antenna should be on the panel so I can make sure this is set up correctly?

Mounting instructions and antenna placement for the IQ Panel 2 can be found on page 9 of the installation manual here.

The antenna needs to be routed out the back of the panel through the provided hole in the back plate. If wall mounted, the antenna needs to run into the wall, avoiding any existing wires or metal in the wall.

The antenna is outlined in the image below

The antenna is set up properly, but it still shows https://img001.prntscr.com/file/img001/iAGkJZ4DTuKaqHuF_I5AiQ.png What am I doing wrong?

I did notice if I open and close the malfunctioning sensors it works. What is causing this?

Run a Daughter Card Test for the SRF-345 card. What is the result?

• Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Installer/Dealer Code > System Tests > Daughter Card Test

If it passes, update the firmware to current. Your panel is on FW 2.6.3, 2.8.1 is the most recent

Steps on how to update firmware for your panel can be found here:

After the update has completed, power cycle the panel then test sensors for functionality.

To power cycle:

• Disarm the system
  • Place 24/7 monitoring account on test mode
  • Power Down by navigating to Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down
  • Unpl,ug the power supply from the wall outlet.
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  • Leave the unit off for 2 minutes
  • Power up battery first, then power supply

Thanks that worked

Now my panel is beeping every few hours. What is causing this?

I’m not showing any trouble conditions on this end. Is the issue still occurring?

Are there any alerts/messages on the main panel screen? Can you submit a photo of this alert?