ADC-CSVR126 recommended hard drive list

I recently purchased a CSVR126 to replace a failed SVR122. It came equipped with one 2TB hard drive. Depending on cost, I may either add a second 2TB drive, or replace the 2TB and add two 3TB (or larger) drives.

However, I have not been able to find a list of alarm.com approved/recommended drive. Any help would be appreciated.

The ADC-CSVR126 supports two SATA interfaces, each with 8 TB maximum storage. The maximum total storage capacity for the ADC-CSVR126 is 16 TB.

Alarm.com recommends using 3.5 inch Seagate Skyhawk or Western Digital purple series hard drives for all ADC-CSVR126 hard drive replacements. These drives have been tested and ship with the Stream Video Recorder and are specifically made for surveillance applications.

More information on the CSVR126 can be found here:

Thank you Tyler, for you prompt response. I ordered two 4TB WD Purples.

My CSVR126 arrived yesterday and I’m preparing to get it installed to replace my failed SVR122. I also have the two 4TB drives I ordered a couple of weeks ago.

I cannot locate any instructions that tell me whether I can:

• Replace the single 2TB drive with the two 4TB drive, then add the CSVR126 to my account.
  • OR -
  • Add the CSVR126 to my account, then replace the single 2TB drive with the two 4TB drives.

I’m concerned that if I try to enroll the CSVR126 first, it won’t recognize that I have two drives.

I’d appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Alarm.com recommends adding the CSVR126 to the account first, then replacing the drives following the linked instructions.

Once the drives have been replaced, you can created rules etc.

Thanks again Tyler. If I would have read all the links that you provided a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn’t have had to ask. :wink: