2GIG Edge Panel onboard camera not working

I have a 3 week old 2GIG Edge panel I replaced for the 2GIG GC3. The onboard camera worked without issue until 4 days ago. I am not sure why it stopped working and used that feature to disarm the system daily. It was an easy option to utilize. Is there any way to get it back online or do I need to contact 2GIG for support or return the panel from the source I purchased it from. If I need to return it, I can put my GC3 back in place and I may have to consider buying the Qualys panel instead of going with the 2 GIG edge. How do I determine the frequency my sensors are on if I decide to replace the panel to Qualys.

I have a 3 week old 2GIG Edge panel I replaced for the 2GIG GC3. The onboard camera worked without issue until 4 days ago.

When disarming, are you prompted to use the Facial Recognition feature to disarm?

Is there any way to get it back online

Has the toggle been disabled for the user in question?

Face Recognition must be enabled on a per user basis in programming. To do so, navigate to Settings > Users > Edit the User, toggle the Facial Recognition switch to enable/disable.

If so, run through the Facial Recognition process to create the profile for the user.

To troubleshoot, you may need to delete the Facial Recognition profile and start over.

I can put my GC3 back in place and I may have to consider buying the Qualys panel instead of going with the 2 GIG edge. How do I determine the frequency my sensors are on if I decide to replace the panel to Qualys.

2GIG panels use 345MHz sensors. There are two types, the newer eSeries (encrypted) and the legacy 345MHz.

Legacy 345MHz sensors work with the IQ Panel 4 IQP4003 (verizon) and IQP4006 (AT&T)
eSeries 345MHz sensors only work with the 2GIG Edge and eSeries version of the GC2e and GC3e

I will try and disable my facial recognition and report back shortly.

So I disabled the facial recognition and re-enabled it and nothing happened. So I deleted my profile and attempted to add the facial recognition to the new profile but the camera is still not working. I suspect the camera is out on the device. I have contacted the seller and they will open a ticket to replace the unit. I will sell the new unit when it arrives and buy the Qualys 4 panel since that is what SURETY supports. I didn’t look initially prior to purchasing this unit. I thought you supported both. I will hook up my GC3 but do like the Bluetooth disarming on the newer systems. Thanks for the quick reply.

So I disabled the facial recognition and re-enabled it and nothing happened. So I deleted my profile and attempted to add the facial recognition to the new profile but the camera is still not working.

Are you getting an error message when trying to create the profile? or in general?

I would check to ensure that Q304 is programming is enabled. This governs the camera on the whole. Enabled on, disabled off. If disabled, then the Facial Recognition wouldn’t work.

To access navigate to Settings > Enter Installer Code > Installer Toolbox > Panel Programming > Advanced Programming > System Configuration > Go To Question Q304

I will sell the new unit when it arrives and buy the Qualys 4 panel since that is what SURETY supports. I didn’t look initially prior to purchasing this unit. I thought you supported both.

We support the Edge, but we do not sell it.

I will hook up my GC3 but do like the Bluetooth disarming on the newer systems. Thanks for the quick reply.

Keep in mind, if your GC3 is on 3G, you wont be able to switch back to it on Alarm.com due to the 3G sunset.

I don’t get any error message. The screen is black when trying to create the Facial recognition. It was also black when trying to disarm the alarm when I discovered the camera issue. I did check the setting to ensure the camera is enabled.

Adjust settings for the On-Board camera.
NOTE: On-Board camera is enabled by default.
If disabled, all on-board camera features will be
unavailable.

1. At the System Settings screen, tap On-Board
    Camera ( ).
  2. Tap Photo Capture Settings (>).
    Built-In Camera Settings
  3. Tap to Enable or Disable an Event. Photo Capture Settings
  4. Tap when finished.

Well either way I will likely have to be without a panel during the swap process. Once the vendor says they will swap the unit, I will order the new Qualys 4 panel from Surety. This whole 2GIG issue has kind of put me off on the EDGE panel.

Based on that description it does sound like the camera has failed.

One other thing you can try would be a full reboot.

1. Disarm the system and
  2. power it down, power supply first from the wall outlet, then
  3. open the panel and disconnect the internal battery.
  4. Wait 5 minutes then power the panel back up battery first then power supply.

Wait 5 minutes after boot up then test for resolution.

When troubleshooting, you may want to place your 24/7 professional monitoring account on Test Mode during troubleshooting to avoid any false dispatches.

You can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

I will try that later today after I am done working for the day.

The vendor is sending a new panel and should arrive tomorrow. I didnt unplug the power amd battery since it is being replaced. How do I backup and restore the panel so I dont have to manually program it again? The vendor mentioned my service provider could assist with that somehow through their network but I dont see the option.

The Backup/Restore feature is not currently available for the 2GIG Edge.

However, new firmware that supports Backup/Restore is coming soon. This is firmware version 1.2 and it should be available next week.

We will list it on the below page once the file is released but it should be available for OTA as well:

Once the current panel is on 1.2, we should be able to run a backup that can be passed to the new panel.

Typically, a backup/restore can be run to apply RF sensor programming, User Codes, and panel programming to the new panel. This process can be performed during normal business hours.

The process for the backup restore is as follows:

• We run a backup.
  • Once the new panel is received and you are ready to start the process:
    • Do not program the new panel, leave it powered off.
    • Power down the old panel power supply first, then internal battery
    • Private Messsage us with the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number stating you are read to begin.
  • We will send commands to begin the restoral process and confirm this has been sent.
    • The restoral can take 20-30 minutes. During this time, do not add any devices to the new panel or send any arming disarming commands or make any programming changes to the new panel.
    • You will know the process is nearing completion once the last of the sensors populates at the panel. Wait an additional 5 minutes or so for User codes to populate, if applicable.

When doing a backup, or working on your system, you may want to place your 24/7 professional monitoring account on Test Mode during troubleshooting to avoid any false dispatches.

You can do this by calling monitoring operators directly at 855-348-0367 or from the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

OK Thanks Tyler. I wont hold my breath for next weeks release. I will assume I will need to reconfigure my unit. If they release before I program it then I would be pretty happy. Thanks for your assistance.

Understandable.

Reach out to us if the firmware patch notes aren’t updated on the page linked above and you are ready to switch, just in case it hasn’t been posted yet but is available for download.

Tyler

My replacement unit arrived but I wanted to check and see if the update is available. I will wait until Wednesday for the download. If the update doesn’t become available soon I will start to program the new unit on Wednesday or Thursday.

As of now, I’m showing that 1.2 can be sent via OTA to panels connected to ADC. However, both panels need to be on 1.2 in order for the backup restore to work and I’m not seeing the 2GIG file for USB update available from 2GIG just yet.

Is the replacement Edge on 1.2? Looks like the file is called B.3.1.2.007 locally. You can check by navigating to the 2GIG Logo > System Info > Panel Firmware Version.

Currently waiting on more information from 2GIG to see if they have an ETA on when the file would be available.

2GIG states that 1.2 should be available for download soon but could not give me an ETA. Typically once ADC releases the FW for OTA, the file for USB is not far behind, usually within the week but I cannot say for certain at this time.

I will need to open the package and check the firmware version. I will also try to update the firmware later tonight on the existing panel to determine if it can be updated to the 1.2 firmware. I will let you no once I have attempted the firmware update OTA.

There is no OTA updates for the existing 2GIG edge panel.
The new panel has the original firmware installed on it. I will need to apply the latest firmware once I bring the unit online.

To clarify, OTA above meant through Alarm.com directly, sent by the dealer (Surety in this case).

However, looks like 2GIG uploaded the firmware for USB transfer this morning or after hours last night.

You can find 1.2 patch notes and the file in the below forum post: