2GIG Edge Panel onboard camera not working

Tyler

I have updated the panel to the 1.2 version on the existing Panel. Can we attempt to take a backup so I can start the process to switch the unit out?

I have also place my alarm into TEST mode for the next 3 hours. It will expire at 2 PM CST.

The Backup has been run.

To prepare for the swap, please do the following:

1. Power down the existing panel.

• Disarm first
    • Unplug power supply from the wall outlet
    • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  2. Ensure the new Edge panel is on 1.2 firmware

• No sensors or Z-Wave devices should be programmed into the new panel. This can cause the restore to fail.
  3. Then power down the new Edge panel fully as well.

4. Once both panels are off, submit a Private Message with the new Edge panel’s 15-digit IMEI number and confirm that both panels are powered down and you are ready to begin the swap. We can then begin the restore process.

Private Message was sent.

Received and the process has been initiated. At this time, please power up the new Edge panel completely and leave the old Edge off.

1. Wait for 15-30 minutes for the restoral information and settings to be transferred. A full sensor list populated in the panel indicates the restoral is near completion. After seeing a full sensor list in the new panel wait a few more minutes for panel settings and user codes, to restore.
  2. A reboot may occur once the process is complete. Once everything is restored, send a manual phone test to verify the panel is working properly.
  3. After the restoral is complete you can re-enroll any devices (e.g., Z-Wave devices) that may not have been restored to the new panel.

Unit is restoring so I will wait until it is completed. I see some of my Zones added to the panel. I think it is slower since it is over the cellular network. I think if the WIFI network is configured it may go faster.

Unit has finished restoring but a few things didn’t not transfer in the restore. The WIFI network did not restore and i had to manually add that to the unit. The voice descriptor names in the wireless zone for the first 10 devices did not restore but the zone is actually updated and programmed with the changes in the zone. The zones 11 through 21 are all programmed with voice descriptor names and zone information correctly. This one baffles me and I am thinking I will need to manually add the names to each zone. I would have to bring my older unit online to get the correct names for the zones.

Wireless information would not be expected to pass, only panel programming, RF programming and User codes.

Sensors can be renamed in Alarm.com, or at the panel. Sensor naming is typically more robust through Alarm.com, but does not get passed to the panel.

Thanks Tyler for the restore and this made it much easier than having to manually do this myself. I understand about the wireless information not being restored. Strange that some of the sensor naming restored and only the first 10 did not. Either way, I am happy that it all worked out well for me in this instance.