Video Doorbell With IQ 4

How do video doorbells integrate with ADC and IQ4?

Can I see video and speak to people from both the panel and phone? Does a push notifications tomget me to video come up quickly on my phone?

I have a nutone intercom system with the doorbell speaker at front door. I wonder if the transformer for the door chime puts out the correct voltage? Can you tell me voltage requirements?

Is there a way to use my existing 2gig doorbell to trigger (ADC rules) a camera with 2 way audio, and the video will show up on panel and phones so I can keep my existing doorbell setup this would be the most aesthetic option for my setup.

Which doorbell or camera do I buy? Are there extra monthy charges I will be charged for?

How do video doorbells integrate with ADC and IQ4? Which doorbell or camera do I buy? Are there extra monthy charges I will be charged for?

Alarm.com compatible cameras connect to your local network, typically via Wi-Fi, to integrate with your Alarm.com account directly. Some cameras can be viewed from the Qolsys Panel once connected to the ADC account.

You can live view/answer the Alarm.com comaptible Skybell or the Alarm.com VDB 770 from the IQ Panel 4. Steps on how to integrate this found in the below guide:

Video service requires an additional monthly service charge. If using one Video Doorbell Camera, the Video Doorbell Only add-on can be enabled. Service plan changes are made directly through your Surety account via System Manager.

Compatble Doorbell cameras include:

ADC-VDB770.
ADC-VDB101/2 Alarm.com SkyBell HD
ADC-VDB105/6, ADC-VDB105x/6x, Alarm.com Skybell Slim

A list of cameras and specs can be found in the below guide

I have a nutone intercom system with the doorbell speaker at front door. I wonder if the transformer for the door chime puts out the correct voltage? Can you tell me voltage requirements?

Intercoms are not compatible, voltage varies from camera to camera. See the below installation guides for reference:

Is there a way to use my existing 2gig doorbell to trigger (ADC rules) a camera with 2 way audio, and the video will show up on panel and phones so I can keep my existing doorbell setup this would be the most aesthetic option for my setup.

Live view from the panel is a live stream that access, and Event Triggered clip would not generate at the panel. You must request the live stream manually.

Thanks

So it doesn’t look like there is an outdoor camera with 2 way audio
?

Just to clarify here is what I would want to happen. Is this possible?

Door bell rings. I can view on IQ4 panel or remote panel. I can speak to them and hear them on panel(s)

Also a link or alert comes up on my phone and I can tap on it and instantly see the person and talk and hear them. I dont have to have to fumble around, open the app, type in password, find the camera section then start engaging.

Also, ideally, I keep my non camera 2 Gig door bell. and mount a stand alone camera with voice OUTSIDE . People push the doorbell . The above paragraph occurs.

I meant 2 way audio… Outdoor camera with 2 way audio

There is an outdoor cam with audio, the V724.

However the rest of what you describe works only with the actual video doorbell cameras. I would recommend the VDB770.

The VDB770 can be streamed to the panel screen, you can talk through it, and you would get a Push notification on your phone which lets you go directly to the feed.

Thank you. Looks like I have to order even more product form you guys. Wish I did this all at once to save some costs.

Anyway, can you tell me who makes this for ADC? I am asking because I have a NUTONE intercom doorbell box. Luckily I have found some manufactures that make a coverplate that you can replace it with and mount the doorbell to that. They have several models that have a cutout so the door bell is flush. But these are for more well known brands like Ring or Nest. I was hoping this used the same body and dimensions as those so I can flush mount.

Also, I am confused as to the installation. I will use a plug in transformer. What is the advantage of wiring with or without the “power module” in either example you still need a resistor to be wired to it . Where do you buy the resistor?

I can’t confirm whether or not it would fit any back plates meant for other models. However, you could check them against the dimensions. Dimensions are 42 x 127 x 38 mm

The VDB770 has a wall plate option in the ADC-VDBA-WP

Also, I am confused as to the installation. I will use a plug in transformer. What is the advantage of wiring with or without the “power module” in either example you still need a resistor to be wired to it . Where do you buy the resistor?

There is no option regarding the power module. The power module is required for every installation. See instructions below for wiring without a chime.

A resistor of the necessary specs can be obtained from various electronics vendors online. I’ve used mouser in the past. Here are search results for those specs.