Video Doorbell stopped working

Hello,

My video doorbell is no longer connecting for video. I have tried doing the power cycle via the app but nothing. I can get audio but cannot see the video.

Please advise next steps.

A new firmware is available and has been applied to your device. Can you test and let us know if there is any change?

If not, are you testing on the same network as the camera? Try turning off Wifi on your phone and just use mobile data. Any difference?

Hello! I tried on WiFi and mobile on my phone and it won’t connect. I also tried directly from the panel and the same thing. He doorbell is connected to the WiFi as I can see it as a connected device.

Wifi signal strength is on the lower side for a Skybell, can you try lowering your resolution, waiting a few minutes then reboot the Skybell and try again?

Resolution settings can be found under Video > Settings > Video Device Info for the doorbell. Try lowering it to 480 as a test to see if the reduced bandwidth improves connectivity.

If not, is this just affecting live view? Are you able to view new recorded video from it?

The router hasn’t moved and the doorbell is in the same location, not sure why signal is an issue.

I changed the resolution and still no live video. I can see saved video however.

Have you tried rebooting your router yet? If not I would try that now, wait about 10 minutes, then try accessing the camera two ways, one by manually pulling up the feed in the Alarm.com app, and then one by pressing the doorbell button and answering the resulting call.

Any change? Any difference between the two tests?

Rebooted router, still nothing. Doorbell rings audibly when button pressed but no video at all. Motion sensing is also not working at all. I can walk in front of the sensor, wave my hands and no response.

Motion sensing is also not working at all. I can walk in front of the sensor, wave my hands and no response.

Before you mentioned that you could view the saved video, did you mean historical saved video from before this issue?

I am curious if newly recorded video is available and if you can see the video feed.

Does your doorbell button recording schedule record new saved video which is viewable?

Just to be sure, did you make any changes to the chime?

What are the electrical characteristics of the doorbell transformer? Voltage and VA rating

Yes I could only see historical saved Info, not anything live.

It does Not capture any saved video for anything anymore, including when the bell is rang. When the fort bell button is pressed, the chime happens but nothing as far as video.

I did go in and change the type of doorbell chime after it stopped working to see if it would do anything, but nothing before.

The transformer is 16v 30VA.

Have you performed a reboot on the SkyBell itself? To do so:

• Hold the main button down until the LED begins to flash Blue, then let go.
    • This should take about 50 seconds.
  • Once rebooted, wait for the LED to turn solid green and test. Any change?

I did a reset and the doorbell is still performing in the same manner. Doorbell ring works, but absolutely no motion detection or video.

The next thing you will want to do is perform a Factory Reset. This will clear out any Wi-Fi settings as well, so you will need to setup the camera through Alarm.com from scratch.

To perform a factory reset,

• hold the LED button down until it begins to flash Yellow.
    • This will take about 80 seconds or so.
    • Once the LED flashes yellow, let go.
  • The LED will begin to flash alternativg Red and Green, then you can re-pair the SkyBell and test.

I tried the factory reset. Same issue. No motion detection and no live video.

Thank you for that information. Earlier you stated you could get Audio but could not see Video, is this still the case and if so, what are you doing to get the Audio? Is that through Live View or are you referring to previously recording clips?

I open the app and click the bell icon. Previously this would open the live video and audio for the doorbell.

Right now the screen is just black. There is also no motion detection and no video is captured or saved when doorbell is rang.

I am currently working with ADC techs to determine if there are any other troubleshooting steps recommended at this time. Although by the sound of it, this is likely a hardware issue and the unit would need to be replaced.

Alarm.com recommends replacement at this time. I have begun the RMA process and will have customer service reach out to you with additional steps.

Ok Thank You

Hello; I haven’t heard anything from customer service yet.

Apologies for the delay, I have reached out to distribution to see what the hold up is. I will follow up shortly.