Setup Recommendations for Honeywell VISTA-20P Upgrade

Looking for recommended equipment and plans for my home security setup. I currently have my home wired with 5 doors, motion sensors, audible alarm, with a Honeywell Vista-20P system, and two control panels; one in the master bedroom (2nd Floor) and one by the entrance to the garage door.

I also have a wired camera system covering all doors (Dripstone - bought off amazon 4 years ago) with network attached storage for video. One of the cameras has failed and is out of warranty, so I am considering replacing the system or the one camera if it can’t be integrated.

Also on the automation side, I have two nest thermostats (2 zone system), and a Rain-Bird irrigation system. I like the idea of having everything centrally controlled.

I am considering adding a front door camera, separate from my wired system - (something like Ring) and some glass break window sensors for ground floor windows.

Based on what I have seen on the site, I think I need the following:
ADC-SEM210-VT-VZ

This would facilitate monitoring alone, correct? Would I be able to incorporate additional cameras and glass break sensors with this?

Also, if I want to add a camera and some additional items to automate everything centrally would the IQ panel suffice?

Finally, which plan would be most appropriate for my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Happy to assist! We are a DIY alarm.com service provider. We offer service and support to Alarm.com compatible equipment.

I currently have my home wired with 5 doors, motion sensors, audible alarm, with a Honeywell Vista-20P system, and two control panels; one in the master bedroom (2nd Floor) and one by the entrance to the garage door.

The Honeywell Vista 20P is compatible with our service. It would require the Alarm.com System Enhancement Module (SEM) in order to connect with service.

The SEM allows for 4G LTE communication along with Z-Wave. Any additional security sensors, like glass breaks, would be programmed into the panel separately. Does your system already allow for wireless sensors or is it hardwired only.

This guide here covers how to get the SEM and Honeywell Vista 20P setup and connected to service. The part number mentioned, ADC-SEM210-VT-VZ would be the necessary SEM part number needed.

Also on the automation side, I have two nest thermostats (2 zone system), and a Rain-Bird irrigation system. I like the idea of having everything centrally controlled

Nest Thermostats and Rain-Bird Irrigation are compatible. More on Rain Bird compatibility here.

I am considering adding a front door camera, separate from my wired system - (something like Ring)

If you want to use cameras through Alarm.com, only Alarm.com compatible cameras can be utilized with the service. A list of cameras can be found here.

Also, if I want to add a camera and some additional items to automate everything centrally would the IQ panel suffice?

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is a separate alarm panel. You would not use that AND the Honeywell Vista 20P with the SEM. It would be either or.

Finally, which plan would be most appropriate for my needs?

If looking for security monitoring with home automation control, then the Surety Home plan would be the best fit. This can be purchased with or without 24/7 professional monitoring. You can purchase a separate video add on later if cameras are added.

All service plan features and pricing can be found here. Service is offered on a month to month basis and plans can be changed at any time.