Saved Video Clips Not Available?

Thanks for the fast response. No I don’t notice any surges. I actually have 3 small lamps plugged into the same power strip as the camera, and they are on during the evenings. I have not noticed any flickering of the lamps at all.

I can’t duplicate the IR issue here. I imagine that is a hardware issue.

Would it be possible to just send the camera itself back and leave the power cord and mounting hardware in place? Surety could then just send me the new camera only without the accessories? I spent a considerable amount of time routing the cable and mounting the hardware. The cord would be the biggest pain to remove and re-route.

My concern is that the power supply transformer may have something to do with the problem.

I wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that I sent the camera back, was promptly sent a new one, and it has worked perfectly ever since. I know sometimes only the negative experiences get posted on here, so I wanted to clarify that the problem was indeed taken care of. Thank you.

We appreciate the update. We always hope everything goes smoothly, but if not, we are happy to help.

Here we go YET AGAIN. I have no saved clips since Sunday. Different camera, same problems. What is the deal??? I should not have to unplug the camera and plug it back in every 3 days for it to work properly.

I have been unable to replicate this behavior.

Can you list the recording rules you are currently using and time of last recording?

Current recording rules:

1. Video motion detection: all 3 windows. Minimum delay between clips 10 min. Record at all times.
  2. All times during alarm from any sensor. Attach video clip sent to 3 recipients.
  3. During any entry delay triggered by all 3 possible sensors that are set for entry delay.
  4. When system is disarmed by any user or fob.
  5. Anytime the front door is opened.

The last recording was Sunday morning 8/9 at 642am. There have been zero changes to the camera settings or the camera itself since then or before then. This is the exact same behavior I was experiencing with my last camera. Everything works perfect for a couple days, and then ALL clips just stop completely all at once. I would imagine if I were to unplug the camera and plug it back in, it would work again for a few days. But for now I’ll leave it as is. Also, the camera to my knowledge has remained constantly connected the entire time.

I was about to ask if you can verify that live video was viewable the entire time just to make sure the camera isn’t fully disconnected.

Yep. I have watched live remotely everyday, and have never once gotten the dreaded “try again” “unable to connect” message. I’ve also had the green LED indicator light on, and it has remained solid the entire time. The only thing that seems to have stopped working is all recorded clips. I also have a rule setup to record a clip when the front door is opened and text it to me, and that stopped as well. It did this with the previous camera as well. In the past, unplugging and re plugging has solved the problem. However, it does it again within a few days.

I have ADC looking deeper into this. Should have an update by tomorrow. Feel free to power cycle so you can make use of the schedules.

Will do. Thank you.

Jason, I could tell immediately today when ADC pushed new firmware to my V520ir because it started intermittently disconnecting. It did the same exact thing the first time they sent the updated firmware with my old camera before I sent it back. Please have them send me the old firmware. At least with the old firmware, it would stay connected all the time. Thank you.

Maybe the alarm.com techs can look into why the camera would stay connected just fine on the old firmware, but won’t stay connected with the new firmware? I unplugged the router and camera, and plugged back in. It did not help. Interestingly enough, the camera has never stayed connected using the “WPA2-PSK-AES” setting only. As noted in a previous troubleshooting thread, I had to log into my router and change the encryption setting to “WPA-PSK-AES + WPA-PSK-TKIP” to get the camera to stay connected all the time. After I did that, I never once had connection problems again UNTIL the firmware update. So maybe an ADC tech guru can understand why the V520Ir does not want to stay connected to my router. I tried all the normal fixes: deleting, resetting, re-adding, power cycling cam/router/modem, etc. The weird thing is, as noted in that other thread, Ryan could see that my camera was staying connected using WPA2 even though my router setting was WPA2 + WPA, and it would not stay connected on the WPA2 setting only. I have Charter internet with one of their supposedly top of the line dual band routers. I have Directv, IPads, iPhones, Qolsys panel all connected to the same network with no apparent connection problems. Is there a way to look at my Qolsys panel history and see if it has ever randomly disconnected? Here is a link to that previous thread which describes my exact router model: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/adc-v520ir-wont-stay-connected/

I have forwarded thread contents to ADC video techs. Something is uniquely wrong in this case as I have yet to see a camera/account behave in this manner.

You can look at the history and alerts generated by the Qolsys panel by pressing the status button on the home screen. No Internet Connectivity is one of the alerts

I have never gotten any connectivity alerts from the panel, so I will assume it has never had connectivity problems. It just seems to be an isolated problem between this camera and my router. Thx.

So all bases are covered, can you tell me the type of internet service infrastructure you have? (cable, fiber, dsl, etc.)

Also can you run an internet speed test and let me know the Down/UP speeds? http://www.speedtest.net/

Internet service is Charter Cable, with claims of up to 100 Mbps. I’m at work all day today and cannot run a test until this evening, but in the camera’s current location I’ve never gotten less than like 25 Mbps down and at least 4 up. The camera is located very close to the router, within about 25 feet, on same level, with only one interior wall of separation. Absolutely no signal problems anywhere within the room the camera is mounted in. Before mounting the previous camera (which behaved the same), I was able to replicate this disconnecting behavior with the camera sitting within inches of the router. I hope this helps.

Alarm.com is requesting the camera (now that it has the new firmware,) be removed from the account, factory reset, and reconfigured one more time so they can monitor the process history and whether or not initial configuration is causing any issues.