Saved Video Clips Not Available?

Do your settings match these? If yes, then try a RESET again. If the IR is not activating, then camera may be damaged.

IR should definitely kick on if you haven’t instructed it not to. We can try the firmware push if the camera isn’t losing connection. Worth a shot to see if you get different activity.

Just to be sure, you are using the included plug in power supply that came with the camera, right?

Yep. Box is not checked.

Yes I’m using the included power supply.

Looks like there may in fact be a software glitch associated with some recently added Cameras. Looking into this now. Will update when I know more. I know it is a pain, but you may need to remove/re-add camera again when fixed.

Ok. Sounds good. It’s not that big of deal to do over, the only hard part being getting access to the reset button on back while mounted in place. Each time the perfectly positioned camera is moved makes a guy with OCD’s life hell. Lol. I’ll monitor this thread and await a solution.

Each time the perfectly positioned camera is moved makes a guy with OCD’s life hell.

Roflmfao You are speaking to the choir.

I ran my power cord through the ceiling/upper floor. Every time I have to reset it, its a pain (comes off mount, reconnected to Ethernet, ADC reprovisioned, re-setup for WiFi, then remounted/repositioned). I am OCD, and the positioning and VMD’s have to be precise… drives me nuts.

I can relate. Wife just laughs at me.

Should be able to update firmware now. Would you like us to do that at this time?

Nobody is currently home, so go ahead and do it if I don’t need to take any action on my end.

Was the firmware updated?

Check on alarm.com and see

a request was put in with alarm.com, so you should be good to go

Yes it is showing 0101d for the firmware. Thank you.
When I get home, do I do a factory reset before I re-add or was the reset already done whenever firmware was changed? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

I actually still have live video remotely, so maybe there’s no need to mess with it any further?

When I got home last night, I noticed I had lost connection. So I spent yet another evening deleting/resetting/re-adding the camera and trying to get it to connect. After an unreasonable amount of time, I was able to get it connected only to see the night vision still not working at all. I will once again be sending the camera back. To say that I am frustrated at this point is an understatement. I do not have the extra time to troubleshoot an electronic device for weeks on end that I paid good money for.

If you cannot get IRs to come on, that indicates that the camera itself or the power supply likely does have a defect.

I would be curious to see if the power supply voltage output was off, lower than it should be.

Now I can’t even keep the camera connected.

Would it matter if the camera was plugged into a surge protector or power strip? Would this cause it to disconnect from the network also?

No. Do you notice power fluctuations with other things powered off that circuit? (this is very unlikely the issue)