Radio Supervision Failure

That’s right thanks

Panel was repaired at shop for battery port broken. He installed motherboard and charging worked. I wonder if being out of range and no power at all for a week caused loss of panel?

Still not arming even from panel and when i open a door or. Window it does nothing or doesnt recognize. Could being repaired no power or battery affect programming?

If he installed a new motherboard then most likely all sensor programming is gone and will have to be relearned for it to see them opening and closing unless you have already done this

As for the rf supervision loss take a look at this thread

I saw that but I only have a cellular module no transceiver

I looked under programing and it was there could it be not communicating panel due to supervision reciever message? Would a hard reset bring it back or should I wait?

I would what for surety to confirm but sounds like it’s a problem with your rf receiver for the sensors so they won’t activate til you have the receiver fixed. I’d have them confirm when they start responding tomorrow but maybe a bad receiver on the motherboard?

Could be I have the gs3e I think have already spent about 170 including fixing and new batteries. If I have to spend anymore I may just purchase new stay with Surety or go back to Brinks they send tech out fix even for battery but pay difference

Hey I just rechecked zones programmed but not communicating properly and when I put new battery in restarted did cell test it was slow first not detected then said ok 3 of 6 no serial or model # then it appeared. Guess 4gelte could go bad. It did however work on panic. One last question mine has network can I configure to work alarm or do I need more equipment to buy?

If you stay with surety I would recommend the iq panel 2 or 4 and most users on here have that panel and can help you troubleshoot more. And I’m confused by your last post is the cellular working now or are you asking about wifi networking

Cellular test 3 of 6 I show wifi but backend fails. I was looking at the 2gig Edge with ATT made by Honeywell. Will either you said or Edge work with existing 2gig or alarm.com sensors? Edge comes with cell card. Not sure if what you said does.

Very true if you want to reuse sensors natively then yes you would either need to get a 2gig panel or one of the iq panels that supports 2gig frequencies which I think are 345 mhz but let surety team verify that. All the systems surety sells comes with the SIM card and communicator already in it. If it’s a backend fail then that almost sounds like a problem with your adc or monitoring account I’d have surety check it for you if you are a current surety customer when they are back online

Thx I am and I will I was actually looking at iq but wasn’t sure if sensorscwill work I will check. Brinks actually programmed this or a tech from alarm.com. so it would be great to pair Bluetooth all sensors in minutes. Thanks for the help. Should I close the threads and wait for surety? New to thread stuff.

Ok thanks as for reciever i get alert cellular communication down i immediately run test and passes 3 of 6. Ill check with Surety tomorrow.

Hey i found that iq 7 panel with att only has 3g thus no good. It was on alarm grid.

That’s the original iq panel. All current iq panels 2+, and 4 are LTE

I would what for surety to confirm but sounds like it’s a problem with your rf receiver for the sensors so they won’t activate til you have the receiver fixed. I’d have them confirm when they start responding tomorrow but maybe a bad receiver on the motherboard?

This is exactly what a transceiver failure refers to.

If you see a transceiver supervision failure and your sensors do not communicate with the panel then your panel’s sensor RF radio has failed.

There is a lot to unpack here, and it looks like numerous other private message threads were sent regarding this, where one of our techs is assisting.

I am a bit lost on the repair talk based on all the tickets. Did you have a PC repair individual solder battery wires or the battery connector to the board? I’m not sure I fully understand what was performed but I can say that if someone made physical modifications to the panel, there may indeed be damage resulting from that.

The first thing to try would be power down the panel for an extended period, at least 20 minutes. Unplug the transformer, then open the panel and unplug the battery. After 20 minutes, plug in the battery, close up the panel, plug in the transformer.

While the panel is open, take a good photo of any work done on the panel, the battery connector, the whole interior, any parts that were modified in any way. Post the photo here.

I tested it and it works however I still can’t get my panel to recognize the equipment due to problem same with cell. I think I will replace system unless there is a way the system can see and recognize sensors for broadband.