Radio Supervision Failure

Cellular test 3 of 6 I show wifi but backend fails. I was looking at the 2gig Edge with ATT made by Honeywell. Will either you said or Edge work with existing 2gig or alarm.com sensors? Edge comes with cell card. Not sure if what you said does.

Very true if you want to reuse sensors natively then yes you would either need to get a 2gig panel or one of the iq panels that supports 2gig frequencies which I think are 345 mhz but let surety team verify that. All the systems surety sells comes with the SIM card and communicator already in it. If it’s a backend fail then that almost sounds like a problem with your adc or monitoring account I’d have surety check it for you if you are a current surety customer when they are back online

Thx I am and I will I was actually looking at iq but wasn’t sure if sensorscwill work I will check. Brinks actually programmed this or a tech from alarm.com. so it would be great to pair Bluetooth all sensors in minutes. Thanks for the help. Should I close the threads and wait for surety? New to thread stuff.

Ok thanks as for reciever i get alert cellular communication down i immediately run test and passes 3 of 6. Ill check with Surety tomorrow.

Hey i found that iq 7 panel with att only has 3g thus no good. It was on alarm grid.

That’s the original iq panel. All current iq panels 2+, and 4 are LTE

I would what for surety to confirm but sounds like it’s a problem with your rf receiver for the sensors so they won’t activate til you have the receiver fixed. I’d have them confirm when they start responding tomorrow but maybe a bad receiver on the motherboard?

This is exactly what a transceiver failure refers to.

If you see a transceiver supervision failure and your sensors do not communicate with the panel then your panel’s sensor RF radio has failed.

There is a lot to unpack here, and it looks like numerous other private message threads were sent regarding this, where one of our techs is assisting.

I am a bit lost on the repair talk based on all the tickets. Did you have a PC repair individual solder battery wires or the battery connector to the board? I’m not sure I fully understand what was performed but I can say that if someone made physical modifications to the panel, there may indeed be damage resulting from that.

The first thing to try would be power down the panel for an extended period, at least 20 minutes. Unplug the transformer, then open the panel and unplug the battery. After 20 minutes, plug in the battery, close up the panel, plug in the transformer.

While the panel is open, take a good photo of any work done on the panel, the battery connector, the whole interior, any parts that were modified in any way. Post the photo here.

I tested it and it works however I still can’t get my panel to recognize the equipment due to problem same with cell. I think I will replace system unless there is a way the system can see and recognize sensors for broadband.

I have no power now it would not detect or allow me to arm

Please see my prior response above.

I am not 100% clear on what repair work was done, but the sound of the various tickets made it seem like there was physical modification of the battery connector. There may indeed have been damage to the panel board depending what was done.

In any case, what you described, with the Transceiver loss of supervision, is a failure of the sensor RF radio in the panel. This is an integrated component in the GC3 board.

From above, the first thing to try would be power down the panel for an extended period, at least 20 minutes. Unplug the transformer, then open the panel and unplug the battery. After 20 minutes, plug in the battery, close up the panel, plug in the transformer.

While the panel is open, take a good photo of any work done on the panel, the battery connector, the whole interior, any parts that were modified in any way. Post the photo here.

It is possible that the panel will need to be replaced.

I ordered another panel i did do a reset but it wont find any if im doing it right. It does listen but it never hears. I will try the 20 minute but doubtful. I called computer repair yes he fixed battery but this was working before. Account drafts soon it may be a week to 10 days rill it arrives. I saw a gc3 on ebay it said new claimed to be sales however too much to try and no warranty or repair center from 2gig. Thanks for all help sorry new to threads i didnt know if you email support starts a thread. I may need assistance with zone programing. Ill see doubt if you have sensor serial and information in system.

I may need assistance with zone programing

Let us know the model of panel and we can help with programming guides.

Honestly who knows part or chip may be gone. I got my iq4 panel in. It tried doing an wifi test stuck on that screen. Not sure if i should testart or just wait until it clears.

It looks like your system is switched over and communicating via both cell and broadband successfully. You should be good to go regarding signaling.