Professional Monitoring & system Migration questions

I am thinking of moving from Frontpoint over to Surety. One question on the professional monitoring with AvantGuard. I will need to inform my local Police Dept of the change in provider when I make the switch. Do I need to list Surety or AvantGuard as the new provider? I believe they ask for address and phone number of the monitoring company. Will I get that info when I sign up for your service? Trying to plan the migration and make the switch as smooth as possible.

Also, do you have any step-by-step guide on switching over to Surety from another provider? I have the old GE Simon XT panel and would be replacing it with the Qolsys IQ panel 2+ 319.5 MHz model that supports my current GE Interlogix sensors. Not sure if my Simon XT is using 3G or the new LTE cellular card, but I know Alarm.com is ending 3G support sometime in 2022.

Frontpoint has worked fine for me, but their phone support wait times lately have been long. I also don’t like their new proprietary hub. Their new hub only supports AT&T and I need Verizon, as AT&T signal strength in my neighborhood is abysmal. Looks like you IQ panel 2+ has both Verizon and AT&T cellular options. I have 13 security sensors, 3 environmental sensors, 1 Zwave thermostat, 5 Zwave lights, & 2 cameras including the Skybell hd doorbell. Plus I have Lutron Caseta lights that I have to integrate into the Alarm.com app. So a lot of things I need to think about before making the switch. I assume I’ll need to have Frontpoint cancel my current Alarm.com account through them before I can get my Lutron Caseta lights to show up in my new Surety Alarm.com account?

A lot to think about before I migrate. Thanks for the great Surety support forum!

Happy to assist!

I will need to inform my local Police Dept of the change in provider when I make the switch. Do I need to list Surety or AvantGuard as the new provider? I believe they ask for address and phone number of the monitoring company. Will I get that info when I sign up for your service?

Surety is partnered with AvantGuard Monitoring. For the purposes of obtaining an alarm permit, the following information would be used:

AvantGuard Monitoring
P.O. Box 150224 Ogden, UT 84415
866-880-9591

Should there be any Installed By or Serviced By fields, these should be listed as Self.

If your jurisdiction requires and additional information, you can send email us (or send a Private Message) your intended service address.

Once you have purchased service and obtained an alarm permit, you can submit the permit number to us via email and we can associate it with your account.

Also, do you have any step-by-step guide on switching over to Surety from another provider?

New service through Surety requires an unregistered 4G LTE cellular module. Service is offered on a month to month basis and service plans can be found here.

Once service is purchased, the website will walk you through getting your new Alarm.com account created and connecting the alarm panel to that service.

The below guides will assist you with programming Sensors and Z-Wave devices into the Qolsys IQ Panel 2:

Qolsys IQ Panel 2 sensor programming

Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Z-Wave Programming

I assume I’ll need to have Frontpoint cancel my current Alarm.com account through them before I can get my Lutron Caseta lights to show up in my new Surety Alarm.com account?

If you’re planning on using a new Qolsys alarm panel, then the Frontpoint service would not need to be cancelled first in order to get set up.

However, if you have Lutron devices, Alarm.com compatible cameras, MyQ LiftMaster Chamberlain devices, etc. the account would either need to be terminated or those devices removed prior to being able to use them on the new account through Surety.

Tyler, Thanks so much for all for the info. I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

Is this contact information still current? (July 2021) I need to send in an alarm permit app on my system as well.
Thanks

Yes, that contact info is correct, you can find the relevant contact/permit info for your account in the System Manager here.