Monitored Auto water shut off

Now shows as a light and works when arm disam from app, but does not work when arm disarm from panel. Are those arm and disarm scenes differect?

Hi, just want to clarify, are you setting up Alarm.com scenes or automation rules? Both words have been used but they are different things in ADC.

It sounds like what you are looking for is an automation rule which automatically turns off the Dome when the panel is armed from any source. Is that correct? Do you want it to always be shut off when armed?

Scenes in Alarm.com are different, where you can create a scene, define all the actions that will be taken, and then when you run that scene they will all occur. This is not automating events, it is just grouping a number of actions together.

To help clarify, this post goes over how to create automation rules (specifically based on Geo-services, but you would follow same early path and select when armed away). This post goes over how to create scenes.

I just want to be sure you’re setting up rules instead of scenes if your intention is to have this always occur no matter how the panel is armed.

Thanks Jason, that became evident, and i got it working …
Now on the vslve, its not strong enough to open and close my 1” ball valve. It either stalls or grinds. Not happy about that.
Will contact Dome.
Thanks all for guiding me thru the zwave and alarm.com

Just updated my panel to FW 2.5 and was able to change my freeze sensor to group 25 vs 52. I set up the automation, but it was a little strange because it’s a thing Dome light, and the sensor was described as when being open or closed. I’m going to assume the IQ Temp is normally closed then opens when it reaches its target temp. Safe assumption?

How the sensor functions internally doesn’t really matter in this case, because the state is being translated so to speak. Alarm.com is seeing a no-response zone type and labeling it as Open or Closed because the zone type suggests a generic door/window zone and the panel is reporting that generic state.

In ADC “Open” would indicate that the sensor is activated (temp alert occurring), and “Closed” would be when it is not activated (no temp alert occurring).

thanks for that explanation. Could this explain why the sensors I changed are showing up as (OK) in my list of devices but then say (status unknown)? Do I have to trip the sensor once so it knows what is off or on? I changed it over 12 hrs ago, sometimes it takes time on its own.

Yes, typically if you see a Status Unknown for a sensor it just means ADC has not received a status report from the panel yet for that zone. Activating the zone will typically resolve that.