This guide covers how to create an automation rule in Alarm.com that turns on your Z-Wave lights when you are on your way home, using Geo-Fences.
You can learn how to create a Geo-Fence here!
- Start off by logging in to your Alarm.com account and click on Automation
- Then click on the +Add New Rule button.
3. Select Event Triggered Rule to create a new rule.
- Next fill out all the necessary information fields pertaining to the new rule.
Give the Rule a Name
Select People Cross a Geo-Fence to use the Geo-Fence as the trigger.
- Choose the Mobile Device,
- Whether to trigger the rule on Entering or Exiting the Geo-Fence
- Then select the Geo-Fence itself
Choose to Turn On the selected device for X Minutes
before turning off.
Next, choose the time period you want the rule to be active for
- At all times
- Select Times
- Only After Sunset
Click the checkbox on the right of the Device name to select each device you want to be triggered via this rule.
When done, click Save
After saving, you will see the rule in the Automation Rules list. From this page you can -
Toggle the Rule on or off
Edit the parameters of the Rule
Delete the Rule
You will now trigger your selected Z-Wave Lights whenever you cross a Geo-Fence!