I purchased GC2 kit back in 2012 when you guys were just starting. You guys helped me a lot since it was a 2GIG do-it-yourself kit from SuretyCAM that replaced a hardwired ADT system. The 2GIG system worked well during the years and I think now is a time for an upgrade. The original kit included take over modules, two control panels, remote controls, multiple CO and Smoke detectors. I reused all of my hardwired window contacts via takeover module. Over the years I added various detectors. I am planning to switch to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with IQ secondary panel as this is the only one you guys currently sell.
Here are my questions:
- Since my GC2 kit is older and it does have spelled out Emergency on the panel, will I have to program every sensor manually for IQ2+ as I would not be able to back up 2GIG?
- Is it possible to convert from old 2GIG to IQ2+ without downtime?
- Will all of the following 2GIG detectors/sensors work with Qolsys IQ Panel 2+
- Door/window sensors like 2GIG Thin Door/Window Contact
- Liftmaster garage door bridge
- 2GIG PIR Motion Detectors
- 2GIG Combined Shock Sensor Window Contacts
- Honeywell 5853 Glass Break Detectors
- 2GIG Smoke/Heat Detectors
- 2GIG Key Ring Remote 4 Button
- Resolution Products Flood & Extreme Temperature Sensor (2GIG Compatible - RE219)
- Hardwired window sensors from previous ADT system that are being used via takeover module TAKE-345
- I need to replace 3 2GIG-CO3-345 detectors that are expiring after 5 years… can I purchase 2GIG‐CO8‐345 and use them with IQ2+ since they have 10 year life vs QS5210-840 that had 5 year life (need confirmation on 5 years)?
- Please let me know if I am missing anything or if you have any additional recommendations.
Thank you, as always, for phenomenal support you guys provide.