Migrating from 2GIG GC2 to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+

So there is no way to disable/quite down the IQ panel built-in siren and use an external one?

7/26/21 7:46pm CST… I placed the account into Test mode in the System manager, armed the system into Stay, no entry delay mode and then opened the garage door that is 10ft form the panel, front door is 5 ft away and the basement window in on another floor opposite side of the house… this was on my parent’s account… i do not think I can provide their location here but you can PM me…

If kids accidentally tap on the left side of the screen and since they do not have an alarm code, will alarm go off after 30sec when in Arm-Stay-no entry delay mode? if that is the case, would not the best option to disable the screensaver (is it possible)?

So I recently upgraded 2Gig GC2 to IQ2+ at 2 locations. One of the locations had the following attached on all 4 basement windows (this is based on the suretycam invoice): SC1768 2GIG Combined Shock Sensor Window Contact

So I think it is window contact 2Gig DW10 plus Interlogix 5150-W On-the-Glass Shock Sensor… correct?

I had these programmed separately into IQ panel as windows sensor and the other one I just realized I programmed, by mistake, as a glass break sensor.

What are the programming parameters for the glass shock as far Sensor Type, Sensor Group and Loop #?

Irrelevant of this, we are getting loss of supervision for these basement window sensors for both contact sensor and the Glass shock sensor (that is programmed as window glass break sensor by mistake). We have not changed the location of the main panel or any sensors. At the same time, the resolution Products RE219 that is located right by one of the windows that has DW10 is getting a good signal.

Strange observation… Basement Window 4 contact sensor DW10 has no signal history and the graph icon is greyed out… but the 5150-W has a very poor signal… Any ideas why one is greyed out?

Please see attached screenshots and please let me know the answers to 3 questions above plus what can I do to help with the loss of supervision by the basement window sensors.
Thank you much

IMG_1097 IMG_1098 IMG_1099 IMG_1100 IMG_1101 IMG_1102 IMG_4548 IMG_4550

What are the programming parameters for the glass shock as far Sensor Type, Sensor Group and Loop #?

Yep, those would be DW10s with 5150s. The DW10 internal reed switch uses Loop 2. The Shock sensor input uses Loop 1.

Both should be group 13, which is the perimeter group for IQ Panel 2+.

we are getting loss of supervision for these basement window sensors for both contact sensor and the Glass shock sensor (that is programmed as window glass break sensor by mistake). We have not changed the location of the main panel or any sensors. At the same time, the resolution Products RE219 that is located right by one of the windows that has DW10 is getting a good signal.

Something that leaps out here is that the legacy sensor antenna is not routed into the wall. That thin white antenna must be routed into the wall through the hole in the backplate at the base of the antenna wire.

If the antenna is routed out the back of the panel and up the face of the wall like in the image, you are almost certainly pinching the antenna cable between the back plate and the wall, due to how the antenna hole is raised to meet the wall at that spot.

So I need to have this antenna going back into the whole in the drywall behind the panel back where I have wires coming our from to power the panel? I will definitely try this if you think it will reduce the loss of supervision on the basement window sensors… However, this does not explain the fact that RE219 that is right by the window sensor in question has a good signal all the time and the window sensor does not. Any insight on this?

Any feedback on the following? It is also seen in the pictures.

• Strange observation… Basement Window 4 contact sensor DW10 has no signal history and the graph icon is greyed out… but the 5150-W has a very poor signal… Any ideas why one is greyed out?

However, this does not explain the fact that RE219 that is right by the window sensor in question has a good signal all the time and the window sensor does not. Any insight on this?

The RE219 is much larger, with a larger antenna which is raised farther off of the installed surface, the surface itself could play a part in the attenuation, as can the immediate surroundings; and depending on when the batteries were replaced it may simply be transmitting a stronger signal.

• Strange observation… Basement Window 4 contact sensor DW10 has no signal history and the graph icon is greyed out… but the 5150-W has a very poor signal… Any ideas why one is greyed out?

The panel hasn’t received supervision signals for that sensor and does not know its status. That sensor may have only transmitted a tamper or other signal one time successfully for the input zone.

Troubleshooting individual zones is not advised until the antenna is routed into the wall. Compressing the cable can damage the antenna and exaggerate any existing potential issues.

Jason,
Thank you for your support. I did address the antenna routing recommendation by puling it into the whole in the drywall behind the IQ panel. However, as you can see from the attached pictures, the original route was not pinching the antenna as I routed it through the side whole in the back plate.

• I replaced the DW10 batteries on all 4 window sensors a week ago and I checked the voltage on these batteries yesterday to be close to 3.3V on all of them
  • I reprogrammed the 5150s to be shock sensors and not glass break sensors (see pics)
  • 5150 is connected via wire to DW10 and the Sensor DL IDs are the same on both. Could that be the reason I am only seeing the signal strength graph for 5150 and not both?

Any recommendation on what I can do to prevent the IQ panel to loose supervision of DW10/5150 combo as this never happened with 2GIG-CP21-345 I had for years.
Thanks

IMG_4562 IMG_4563 IMG_4566 IMG_4567 IMG_4569

5150 is connected via wire to DW10 and the Sensor DL IDs are the same on both. Could that be the reason I am only seeing the signal strength graph for 5150 and not both?

I doubt it, multiple loops are supported, but maybe it could have something to do with the number of supervision signals arriving. I’ll do some testing on a 345Mhz IQ Panel here and see if I can get any similar results.

Are you able to get the sensors to report open/close reliably by testing it? Tampers?

Regarding the antenna, the inside of the panel is pretty tight and there is a hole directly behind the antenna base where it is supposed to be routed out. See the image below and the spot labeled RF Antenna routing hole.

The antenna is designed to run directly out the back of the panel there. Running it up near other internal antenna or alongside power is not recommended and can impact signaling. It may not be the cause of what you are seeing, but be sure to follow the manufacturer instructions for best results.

Both tamper and open/close being reported reliably…

That’s good, I also don’t see any current trouble conditions on the system. None of the sensors are reporting malfunctions. Are you still seeing issues locally or does the panel reflect the status of those sensors properly?

Hi Jason,
None of the sensors reported malfunction in last week but I did the detector test and it still shows critical signal strength on a couple of Basement windows detectors. Should I be concerned with this? see attached.

Also, any update on above?

alarm.PNG

I’m not seeing the same on my panel, but I can’t duplicate the installation environment perfectly of course.

Can you show the current ratings for the window contact zones that correspond to the same sensors?

Jason, that is what you said you will test… the fact that the contact sensors attached to the shock sensors are not showing any signals…

See picture that already attached a few posts above:

My apologies, I started testing the signaling of the DW10 to see if there was any noticeable difference or if the range was noticeably short. I neglected to test that additional loop as you mentioned.

You are correct, I’m not finding it in documentation, but it looks like the panel will only show the signal strength of one of the loops (looks like loop 1) since both are the same. That is how it works on my panel here as well.