Link 2nd User to 2nd Location

We have two monitored locations. I am the Master user and have two distinct logons for each, and see can both linked locations when logged on Alarm.com.

I have successfully added my wife as a panel user for both locations. But I can’t see how to create her 2nd distinct logon for our secondary location so I can link her to it. I’ve checked the System Managers on SuretyHome.com and don’t see a way for me to add an additional logon.

It’s been so long I’ve forgotten; is that something you have to do for me?

Thanks in advance.

Happy to help!

This guide will show you how to create an Alarm.com Login (which is used to access the Alarm.com account and is distinct from a User in Alarm.com who receives notifications and has panel/lock access)

If you want that new Login to be able to access both Alarm.com accounts, you will need to set the new login up using the Link a System feature. This way the new ADC Login can have access to both accounts and not have to logout/in when switching between the two accounts. This guide here covers how to Link Multiple Alarm.com accounts

OK Tyler, I’ve got it working. Thank you.

For me the trick was:

1. Login to our secondary account using my secondary credentials, which are not the same as my primary account credentials.

2. Create my wife’s secondary credentials for the secondary account. (I couldn’t do this while logged into our primary account.)

3. Go to my wife’s email and set up her secondary account password.

4. Then login as my wife in the primary account and then use the ‘Link Accounts’ feature. Now when I search on the secondary account name, and provide the (unique) login credentials it links them.

Apparently the accounts are located by matching the user’s email addresses?

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out.

The Master Login (created when the Alarm.com account was created) for each account can create a new Login for that account. Additionally, any new Logins with “Master Control” access can create a new Login.

OK, got it. You guys are good!

I have recommended Surety several times to friends and acquaintances.

Thank you so much! We are always happy to help!