Liftmaster delays?

The last couple times that Ive come home, Im getting messages that the garage door has been left open after 5 minutes (my rule). Im opening it, pulling in and then closing it from the wall control. Adc is seeing it open but not close. Im using a liftmaster gateway with a compatible opener. If I go back out there and open and close quickly it updates. Or if I send a close command even tho its already closed, after a minute or two it updates. Anyone else have this problem?

Adc is seeing it open but not close. Im using a liftmaster gateway with a compatible opener.

Is this a MyQ universal gateway that uses the Tilt sensors on the doors?

If so try replacing the battery in the tilt sensor.

If not, can you confirm the model of gateway and overhead?

Its the 828lm and a myq chamberlin opener. Theres no tilt sensor. This morning it worked, but I usually open the door and start my truck and idle for a second before leaving. It just seems when I pull in park and close with less than 30 seconds of open time, it messes up

I just hit the close command and the activity log changed adc shows closed in the same minute as opening. Still shows the alert 5 mins later that it thought it was open.

Interesting, thanks for the detail. Yes I see that the garage actually reported a close and still generated a notification. There is no ambiguity in the history for that event. Let me push this to ADC and see if they have any recommendations or if this is a known issue. I’ll follow up here.

So looking through the history and discussing with Alarm.com, it appears this is likely a rule specific error. There is a definitive open and close, but also at the same time an errant left open restoral and then five minutes later a left open event, neither of which should have fired. The recommended steps here are going to be first just delete that notification. Wait about 5-10 minutes, then recreate it and save.

Wait about 5 minutes then test it. Make sure left open fires appropriately when the event actually occurs, and test that it does not when the door closes before that time-frame.

So ill try that, but the real problem is the status of the door remains open on alarm.com. If the door is open longer than a minute, it updates when closed. If its open less than that its hit or miss whether it updates to closed. Ill get the door was closed restoral hours later when returning home.

edit

So far so good, ill see how it works the next couple of days.

thanks

So ill try that, but the real problem is the status of the door remains open on alarm.com. If the door is open longer than a minute, it updates when closed. If its open less than that its hit or miss whether it updates to closed. Ill get the door was closed restoral hours later when returning home.

We’ve sent some troubleshooting commands to sync status previously, we expect we should see this resolve as well.

So far so good, ill see how it works the next couple of days.

Sounds good. Please let us know if the issue with status is resolved or continues after testing.

@jwcsurety I have a lift master My Q wifi opener and a lift master internet gateway attached to my router. I also have a simple tilt sensor on the door itself. For the past couple weeks I have experienced some of the above issues. Often times, the tilt sensor will say the door is open, but the lift master reports the door is closed or vice versa. Theres no rhyme or reason to when it happens that I can tell. I am experiencing the issue right now and thats what brought me to the support forum. I have tried unplugging the internet gateway from the router and power cycling it, but no change? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Just to make sure I know exactly what you have and troubleshoot appropriately, what model of overhead and what model of the gateway do you have?

When did you most recently open that door and was that locally with a fob or wall button?

I sent a quick status check and it looks like the system did update ADC with the open status now.

Interestingly on the dealer side of things I saw a status for the Liftmaster door of (Opening) as though a command was sent and ADC hadn’t received acknowledgement from Liftmaster.

I have the lift master 8365W-267 opener and the 828LM gateway. The garage door was opened by car fob prob around 11am and has been closed since.

I just checked the app and NOW the garage door is showing open. Weird

I had sent a status check command and the system immediately updated with the open status.

It is not definitively a problem, although it is an unnecessary step and an additional failure point to use the 828LM gateway. The 8365W overhead has built in wifi and would act as its own Gateway using the serial number found on its label.

I would be curious if you see any different result if we used the built in Gateway rather than the 828LM.

Would you be able to test that? If so we can delete the 828LM and provide a link to add the wifi overhead as its own Gateway.

Yea @jwcsurety I can test. I had no idea I could connect opener directly without gateway. Please send instructions on what I need to do

Let me know when you are ready for me to delete the garage and I will delete the current Gateway and door.

Then make sure your overhead is connected to Wifi and then visit this link to add the new gateway. Use the MyQ Serial Number off of the overhead label and your garage door should automatically populate once the gateway is connected.

Ok. Thanks. I won’t be home till 2p or so. After you delete the current devices, Do I connect the opener through the MyQ app to my home WiFi?

Hey Jason, its happening again. History doesnt even show the door opened when I left. Alarm.com shows open right now but it didnt get the close.

No, the Opener must not be registered to a MyQ account, it can only be registered to one account at a time (either through MyQ or ADC.)

Visit this page for detailed instructions on adding a Wifi overhead.

@jwcsurety Gotcha. Sounds good. Please go ahead and delete the items on your end and when I get home I will get the opener connected to WiFi and proceed. Thanks!

@Jake947 What model number of overhead opener do you have? How far is the 828LM from the garage devices? Sometimes ISPs will leave the modem/router in the basement, is that 828LM plugged into a router in a basement?

@cpd5215 I sent commands to delete that MyQ gateway. You can use the link here to add the new one.