Liftmaster delays?

@jwcsurety Thx. I see the MyQ gateway is deleted from the app. When I get home I will connect the opener to my home WiFi and then follow the instructions you provided and report back. Thanks.

@jwcsurety Set up was a breeze and it works like a champ. Thanks again for all your help

Thanks for confirming! Let me know if you notice any continued problems now that it is using the overhead wifi gateway. This will avoid potential issues syncing between the 828 and overhead.

1 Like

If I were to draw a straight line from the opener to the gateway it would be maybe 12 feet. Theres something going on with alarm.com and liftmaster. It cant be the gateway. The app showed opened the first time today, but it did not show in the activity log. I just checked again, hours apart I have opens multiple times but no closes. I have left and come back 3 or 4 times and the first close of the day is the last time I came home and did something in the garage before closing the door.

@jwcsurety Well, I spoke to soonā€¦About thirty minutes ago after I told you it was workingā€¦i opened the door via the app, then closed it via the app and the app and Qolsys updated fairly quickly showing the correct status of the door each time. I just opened the door via the wall control, the app and qolsys did show open. I closed it shortly thereafter with the wall control and both app and qolsys still show openā€¦Its been a good ten minutesā€¦Im starting to agree with other posterā€¦ For reference, I had my previous configuration of opener and separate gateway hardwired for a few years and it was solidā€¦ Only very recently have I been experiencing this issueā€¦Thoughts???

I closed it shortly thereafter with the wall control and both app and qolsys still show openā€¦Its been a good ten minutesā€¦

Thank you, it helps to identify a potential pattern on multiple accounts I can bring to ADC.

I noticed on your account last time that on the dealer site your door was in a status of ā€œopeningā€ as though ADC was expecting a further confirmation from the gateway which wasnā€™t received or processed.

Itā€™s entirely likely thereā€™s a bug in there somewhere. Iā€™ll reach back out to ADC, I believe we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps needed. Do you recall when you first noticed this kind of activity? Ballpark.

Ive done a bit more testing and can confirm, anytime i open/close the garage door via the wall control, the status change is not updated on the IQ panel nor the app. However when I open/close the door via the app or the IQ panel, the status is updated correctly on the panel and the app almost instantly.

I would say I have been experiencing this issue for a week or so.

Thanks for further testing, thatā€™ll help. Itā€™s not necessarily an issue for the app not to update immediately from local fob/button activity, however refreshing the app should pull the accurate status. If it does not, that means the data isnā€™t reaching or being processed by ADC.

@Jake947 Can you confirm if yours updates appropriately when controlling from the panel or ADC app as well?

It works via the app, wall, and remote at this time. I tried open/close with each method with the door open for roughly 30 seconds. App updated with all 3. The first alert I have from my open longer than 5 minutes rule was march 29th. somedays it good some it fails. This is the first issue Ive had since I hooked it up years ago.

And I agree my set up has been very stable for a few years and only recently has sporadic problems

@jwcsurety Just FYI the issue continues today. The majority of the time it occurs when the garage door gets closed via the wall panel or car remote and the panel or app never updates. It still shows the door is open although the tilt sensor I have installed on the door itself is functioning as it should.

Thank you, I am working with Alarm.com investigating this behavior. I will follow up here with updates!

1 Like

@jwcsurety good morning. Is there any update from ADC. While things seemed to improve, it is still unstable and unpredictable at times. Thanks for looking into this.

I havent noticed the problem anymore. I checked my alarm.com text and its accurate. I did notice that the app does not show the ā€œgarage left openā€ anymore just open and closes but I am getting real time alerts.

1 Like

I have not gotten an update, no confirmed recreation of the behavior. Would you mind sending few event time-stamps where incorrect status occurred recently, or whenever you notice it the next couple days, let us know a few of those times?

@jwcsurety i will continue to monitor and attach pics of times when it doesnā€™t function properly. I agree things seem to be more stable. Hopefully issues are resolved. Thanks again for being on top of this.

@jwcsurety So things seem to function correctly over weekend. This morning I opened the garage door and it functioned correctly but when I closed the door, the liftmaster still shows the door is open. The tilt sensor on the door itself is reporting it closed. I have attached pics for reference. I will continue to monitor and update. I have not been able to determine why there is sporadic errors in the liftmaster status of the door.

Thanks. Iā€™ve gotten another report of this too and am forwarding all the info to Alarm.com. It does look like there is a potential status issue with Liftmaster or their integration with ADC. It appears to be intermittent.

@jwcsurety Thx for staying on top of it.