IQ Panel 2 Screen Vibrating

I’m have what seems to be the same issue as here:

And here:

The screen has a second ghost image that vibrates back and forth. It started subtly a couple weeks ago and has been getting progressively worse. This video is from the middle of the progression (it’s worse now):
http://imgur.com/a/azJ7aeX

This seems to be a semi common issue. Is there any way of repairing the panel?

I bought this in January new, but on eBay. Because of that I’m not sure what the warranty status is. How would I find out?

Hello - I had this issue as well - the screen basically split into 2 - one left and one right and I was unable to find a way to correct “horizontal” alignment - ended up purchasing a new panel unfortunately- parsox

This seems to be a semi common issue. Is there any way of repairing the panel?

Has any troubleshooting been done? The first thing you will want to do is to power down the panel completely. To do so:

• Disarm the panel
  • Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Installer or Master Code > Power Down
  • Once off, disconnect the power supply from the wall.
  • Open the panel and unplug the internal battery.
  • Wait about 5 minutes, then re-apply power battery first followed by power supply.
  • Boot up the panel. Any change?

What is the Hardware Version of the panel and what is the printed power supply voltage?

• Hardware Version can be found on the back of the panel and in programming through Settings > Advanced Settings > About > Hardware.

Have any changes been made to the cable run, or is the included wiring used? If changes have been made, what is the gauge of wire and length of run?

I bought this in January new, but on eBay. Because of that I’m not sure what the warranty status is. How would I find out?

Warranty replacement is done through the vendor. I have reached out to Qolsys to check on warranty. I will follow up with more information.

Was troubleshooting able to resolve the issue, or does it persist?

I didn’t get a chance to try this until today. However, the troubleshooting steps made no difference. I also note that the issue occurs on the Qolsys screen before Android finishes booting.

There is no modification to the wiring; it’s using the standard pigtail and power cable. Supply voltage is 5.5V. I did try running it with just the battery in case the AC adapter wiring was causing an issue: no difference.

The panel is hardware revision D.

What did you find out about the warranty?

Panel is outside the warranty period but I am working with Qolsys to see if there are any alternatives. I will follow up as soon as I have more information.

Tyler, was there any update to this thread? I just added another adc-515 today and the screen on the main panel is doing the same thing. I can’t say i looked at it right before i added the camera or if they are even related, but my panel screen is doing the same as the original poster.

Thanks!

Lonnie

The V515 does not get connected to the panel, it is likely an unrelated issue in this case.

Have you done any troubleshooting?

The first thing you will want to do is to power down the panel completely. To do so:

• Disarm the panel
  • Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Installer or Master Code > Power Down
  • Once off, disconnect the power supply from the wall.
  • Open the panel and unplug the internal battery.
  • Wait about 5 minutes, then re-apply power battery first followed by power supply.
  • Boot up the panel. Any change?

After following the steps, there is no change. Still a weird screen.

What next?

Thanks!

Check to make sure the panel is wired correctly and that the barrel connector has not come loose.

Additionally, check to ensure your firmware is up to date

I applied the iqpanel2.7.2 patch tag and it rebooted, but the problem remains.

The panel has been working fine since July 2019. This problem just started.

I’m not sure what barrel connector you are referring to. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

The barrel connector is the end of the wire from the power supply that plugs into the panel itself. Issues can arise of the power supply cable is damaged or not correctly installed.

I will be following up via private message in just a moment for some additional information.