Interfacing Lutron Caseta and Zwave devices

Can i create 1 rule and populate it with Lutron Caseta and Zwave devices, using my 2GIG GC3 device?

I’m not sure I completely understand. Yes, you can automate Lutron and Z-Wave devices with a rule in Alarm.com. Do you have Lutron Caseta devices as well as Z-Wave devices?

I have not started to create or install anything yet. I only have the garage door GD00Z installed.
I’ve read Lutron Caseta system with pico technology is bar non the best, and most flexible in its configuration. I want to create a forward facing foundation/system that will be current for some time to come.
If i install lutron caseta switches and lutron motorized shades, can i interface programming them with zwave outlets or other zwave devices in one programming rule?
Thx Dan

Also, can you use a google or Alexa voice commands with a 2GIG 3GE system?

Ah, thanks for the clarification. You can’t automate Lutron and Z-Wave devices in the same Alarm.com rule. You would have to create a separate rule with the same trigger/schedule to achieve that.

You can create scenes that include both Lutron and Z-Wave devices.

Thanks Roy,

I think that will be a minor roadbump, in creating 2 rules VS the value each technology brings to the table.

1 Like

Yes. Not directly with the 2GIG panel but through Alarm.com.

Great!, thank you again

Thank you

Dan

1 Like

I have lutron shades and Caséta lights and the linear garage as well. All works pretty well for example, when I open my overhead garage door, I’ve set up an automation to turn on the garage lights for 15 minutes. Likewise for a motion detector, and all works with google.

One thing I’m a little disappointed in is I can’t let it turn on my Lutron lights when a camera detects motion. The camera can only turn on a zwave light, as of now.

Xeon,

thanks for the info. Knowing everything that you know about your system, would you do anything different in the what you have installed, or platforms used in your system, if you were to do it over again?

Thank you

Dan

no regrets here! I would do it again.

Thx!:+1:

Thank you

Dan

Xeon,

Would you mind sharing what type of Z-wave outlets you’re utilizing?

Thank you

Dan

Actually, I don’t have any zwave lights or outlets.

Thx

Thank you

Dan