Installer code error

This doesn’t make sense. The panel I returned was the same brand of panel in the exact same location and it connected just fine.

The panel shows an absolute 0 signal strength, Registration Status as not registered, Connection Status as Disconnected status, and no entry for the Radio Frequency. I noticed the Power status change from on to off and back to on.

How do I know if the radio is working at all? Since I was sent a refurbished unit I am suspicious. Is there a way to run a diagnostic on the cell radio?

In addition to all these issues, this morning all 4 of my motion detectors went offline simultaneously. I must say that I am at the end of my rope with this panel.

If I were coming to you to ask what is the best and most reliable panel on the market, what would you recomend?

How do I know if the radio is working at all? Since I was sent a refurbished unit I am suspicious

It appears the radio is not working. At the very least it has not completed OTASP and is not yet communicating at all. If it shows 0 signal strength though that is suggestive of antenna or radio issue.

I would try disabling Wifi on the panel, rebooting it, then try running a cell test. Any change? I’ve seen in the past where initial cell communication failed which seemed to stem from the panel acknowledging early communication only via broadband.

If I were coming to you to ask what is the best and most reliable panel on the market, what would you recomend?

We only sell the Qolsys IQ Panel 4 for this reason. That is the model we recommend to all new users.

Are your sensors standard 345Mhz 2GIG or are they encrypted E-series 345?

I “forgot” the wi-fi, rebooted and the cell test still failed!

They are all standard 2gig 345, not encrypted

Would the Qolsys panel handle all my current sensors, cameras and Z-Wave stuff?

They are all standard 2gig 345, not encrypted

The 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 found here would be compatible with existing standard 345Mhz sensors.

Yes, it supports Z-wave devices and Alarm.com camera streaming video.

How much do you sell it for? I saw $368 online but wondered if you give existing customers any discount off that?

The price on the product page is the price for the panel. Panel and module purchases all come with a free month of service.

I have a third new panel. Here’s hoping this one works. I need to

1. change the panel number with you
  2. connect to my wi-fi network
  3. test the cell connection

Is there a preferred order I do these take in?

Is it better to answer these or start new threads so I am sure someone sees them?

If you are swapping from one panel to another on an active Alarm.com account through Surety, the first thing you will want to do (when you are ready to being using that panel with service) is to associate the new panel with your Alarm.com account.

To do so:

1. Login to your Surety account and select System Manager.
  2. In the appropriate field, enter the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number.
  3. Run a cell test from the new panel when prompted.

Connect the panel to Wi-Fi after the cell test has been run.

No need to start a new thread. All questions are answered in the order they are received. Starting a new thread is unnecessary unless it is an unrelated issue/topic

All is working now

I was thinking that disabling the reporting delay on the perimeter sensors would result in a quicker response during a break-in. Is my logic correct?

It sounds like you are referring to Dialer Delay correct? This is a global delay period after an alarm is triggered by a sensor on the system and the alarm signal being forwarded to the central station.

We generally recommend lowering Dialer Delay to its lowest setting, which varies from panel to panel… Some panels you can disable the feature entirely, some you cannot.

Dialer Delay settings are located in the Sirens and Alarms section of panel programming Settings → Advanced Settings → Enter Installer Code → Installation → Sirens and Alarms

Can be set between 15-45 seconds by default.

To increase or decrease this value, SIA Limits (in Installer Settings) will need to be disabled. Then you can select between 0 and 254 Seconds for the delay.

Last night all 4 of my motion detectors went offline. it happened with the last panel Ashwell. Why is that happening and what can I do to fix it?

I get it if this was one motion detector but all 4 went offline simultaneously.

What is the brand and model of these Motion Sensor and how old are they?

What about the batteries, when were they last changed?

All 4 are 2Gig PIR1 E-345 all 3 years or less old.

one question, does the “E” indicate e series? I may have programmed as non-e series.

If so, I can change that but how do I reset them?

The 2GIG-PIR1e-345 is an eSeries 345MHz sensor. These are compatible with the 2GIG Edge, GC2e and GC3e only.

Equipment codes for 2GIG sensors related to Edge programming can be found on page 57 of the manual. For a PIR1e, it needs to be set to equipment code 2869 - eSeries PIR with Pet Immunity

Programming is accessed on the Edge by navigating to Settings → Enter Installer Code → Installer Toolbox → Panel Programming → Wireless Zones

How do I do a firmware update on my panel?