Installer code error

2 things

1. I got a new Panel to replace the defective one. I entered the Installer Code of 1561 but the panel says that is not a valid code. How do I get in?

2. The cell test failed. How do I fix that?

Was this panel purchased as a used panel? The panel is communicating via broadband, so I have sent a command to the panel to change the installer code to the default 1561. Allow a few minutes for that.

After the installer code is updated, reboot the panel, wait a few minutes after and then try another cell test. Any change?

Yeah, they replaced the panel but it seems it must have been a refurbished one.

The code now works but the cell still fails

What do I need to do about the cell failure?

2nd, My smoke detectors don’t seem to want to connect. I set the panel and then push the button for 4 seconds as directed. The unit sounds but it doesn’t connect to the panel

Third, neither camera shows up on the panel. They are both set to show on the panel

What do I need to do about the cell failure?

To begin troubleshooting:

• Disarm the System
  • Unplug the Power Supply from the wall
  • Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
  • Leave the panel completely off for at least 2 minutes
  • After 2 minutes minimum, plug in the battery and power supply
  • After boot up, wait 5 minutes and check signal strength
    • Settings > System Test > Cell Radio Test and Status

2nd, My smoke detectors don’t seem to want to connect. I set the panel and then push the button for 4 seconds as directed. The unit sounds but it doesn’t connect to the panel

What is the make/model of the Smoke Detector sensor you are attempting to learn into the panel?

Third, neither camera shows up on the panel. They are both set to show on the panel

Looks like the cameras are included via ADC on the Stream Video to Panel screen.

• Can you view these cameras from the Alarm.com app (Live View)?
  • Is the panel connected to Wi-Fi?

At the panel, navigate to Smart Home. Then tap Cameras or Doorbell to view the enabled video devices.

• Does this option populate anything, or is it completely blank/unavailable?

The smokes are 2Gig SMK T3-345

On the panel “Camera” is not listed. Doorbell is listed but shows nothing. I have pictures if you need them

Still no cell. Registration status is “Trying to register” Connection Status is “Disconnected.” Again I have pictures if you need them.

The smokes are 2Gig SMK T3-345

First, what is the printed date code on this unit? If it is expired, it will need to be replaced.

Steps to learn a SMKT3-345 would be as follows:

At the panel navigate to Settings > Installer Code > Installer Toolbox > Panel Programming Wireless Zones > Select the first unused zone.

Programming choices can be found below, the video is for the GC3 but programming choices are identical:

After pressing the learn button for the TXID section, make sure you are tampering the SMKT3 by removing the sensor from its backplate to get it to communicate with the panel.

Feel free to post a picture of what you are seeing for the doorbell section, you should see a box that has the VDB770s name on it. It may have the VDB770s image or it may be a black box with a spinning circle, indicating it is trying to connect.

The EDGE will need to be connected to Wi-Fi and communicating with Alarm.com for the cameras to appear on the panel.

At the panel, navigate to Settings > Network > Wireless to connect to your wireless network. Be sure to confirm it is connected.

• If you navigate to Settings > Smart Home Settings > Camera > Do options show up for the V515?
  • Settings > Smart Home Settings > Video Doorbell > Do options show up for the VDB770?

If no options show up and the panel is connected via Wi-Fi, can you view the cameras through Alarm.com?

You can also send pictures via Private Message to keep them off the public forum if desired.

What is the cellular strength reporting at the panel?

Settings > System Test > Cell Radio Test > Signal Strength

How long did you leave the panel off for before booting up and attempting to reconnect?

Thanks, it expires next year. Installation worked.

Good to hear! Keep that in mind, it should be replaced as the sensing materials are only rated for that long. It can be replaced with the SMKT8-345 (the 3 was discontinued and replaced by the 8)

I followed your instructions and left it powered down for over 2 min and then for over 5 min after reconnecting.

It shows 0/6 signal strength, but that doesn’t make sense since the last panel worked fine and it says not connected

The panel is connected to the same wi-fi as the cameras, not sure how to tell if it’s connected to Alarm.com

Thanks for that information. Where is the panel physically located?

Are you able to move the panel to a new location (main floor, outer wall would be ideal) to attempt to acquire a signal?

I would also navigate to the 2GIG Logo (top right corner of the screen) then click on System Info and Reboot the panel from here. Wait 5 minutes after reboot, then check cell strength again.