Installer code error

I have used extremely simple labels, Living, Fan, Bedroom, etc. Also, there are 2 ways to command Google. One is “Hey Google, ask alarm.com to turn on bedroom” after which the alarm.com voice comes on and says “Sure, turning on the bedroom, is there anything else I can do for you?”
Or you can say “Hey Google talk to alarm.com” after which the alarm.com voice comes on and says “How can I help you.”
The words do not show up on a screen so there is no screenshot to send.
Is there a way to disconnect Alarm.com from Google and then reconnect?

You can disable the Alarm.com account on Google Home by unlinking the Alarm.com skill. Steps can be found in the above guide.

Yes, but how do I get it to work the way it’s supposed to?

To confirm, when you ask Google to turn on Heavy, and it gives you the error message “found multiple matching lights.” you are unable to confirm what google hears through the google home app as described here?

One is “Hey Google, ask alarm.com to turn on bedroom” after which the alarm.com voice comes on and says “Sure, turning on the bedroom, is there anything else I can do for you?”
Or you can say “Hey Google talk to alarm.com” after which the alarm.com voice comes on and says “How can I help you.”

Do both of these command types fail with the same error message when asking to turn on heavy?

Yes, but how do I get it to work the way it’s supposed to?

You can try removing the Z-Wave device from panel programming, then re-adding and running a Z-Wave network rediscovery. Afterwards test the Google Home interaction again for resolution.

Over the weekend I removed all devices, reset the panel, and added them in one at a time doing a “rediscover” after each addition. After the last one, I got a positive response to the final rediscover, no faulty nodes.

This time I named that node “Fan” not heavy. The results are the same. If I interface with Google either way and say “turn on the bedroom” the light comes on. If I say “turn on the fan” it says “I found multiple matching lights.”

If I say “turn on the fan” it says “I found multiple matching lights.”

• What is the make/model of the Z-Wave device in use?
  • Do you have other devices of this exact same make/model working with Google?

Over the weekend I removed all devices, reset the panel, and added them in one at a time doing a “rediscover” after each addition

In the future to save time, you can just run one rediscovery, after all devices have been cleared/added and placed in their installation locations. In general, rediscovery should be done at the end whenever you add/remove a new device(s).

Yeah, I was getting a node failure and could not isolate it so that’s why I added them one by one like that.
The device is a Zooz-z-wave-plus-power-switch-zen15 and it is the only one like it. It is a heavy-duty switch for my window AC.

Thank you for that product information.

Removing the Alam.com link from Google Home and re-adding it may resolve the issue but the Zooz-z-wave-plus-power-switch-zen15 is not listed as a compatible device from either Alarm.com or Qolsys which may be the root of the issue.

Current compatible device lists can be found below:

does it matter that I have a 2Gig Edge?

Ok, thanks for working with me. I will just have to use this with device commands rather than voice

does it matter that I have a 2GIG Edge?

Apologies, I had Qolsys on the brain. 2GIG Edge has a different list of devices that have been tested compatible, but that device is not listed:

Z-Wave Device Compatibility 5-3-2022.pdf (102.4 KB)

While most Z-Wave devices should work in general (especially binary ones) they may not always play well with either the hub or the a 3rd party integration.

I just realized that I cannot remember the verbal password I sent for verification when I call or get called with a tripped alarm. How can I reset those?

You can confirm or change verbal passcodes for the monitoring center via the Professional Monitoring tab in the System Manager section of your Surety account.

Can you send me instructions on how to connect an SMKT3-345 smoke/heat/freeze detector to my 2GIG Edge panel?

Edge programming is accessed via:

Settings > Enter Installer Code > Installer Toolbox > Panel Programming > Wireless Zones. Move to the first unused zone and click Edit Zone.

Sensor can be programmed as three zones, Smoke, Heat, and Freeze.

Smoke Detector

• Sensor Type: 09 - 24 Hour Fire
  • Equipment Code: (1058) 2GIG Smoke Detector
  • TXID: Learn - Tamper Sensor
  • Equipment Age: New
  • Sensor Loop: 1
  • Voice Descriptor: Smoke Detector
  • Sensor Reports: Enabled
  • Sensor Supervised: Enabled
  • Sensor Chime: As desired

Heat Detector

• Sensor Type: 09 - 24 Hour Fire
  • TXID: Learn - Tamper Sensor
  • Sensor Loop: 2
  • Voice Descriptor: Heat Detector

Freeze Detector

• Sensor Type: 08 - 24 Hour Auxiliary Alarm
  • Equipment Type: Freeze
  • TZID: Learn - Tamper Sensor
  • Sensor Loop: 3
  • Voice Descriptor: Freeze Detector

For the TX ID section, Click the “Learn” button on the panel and while the panel is “listening” Remove the detector from its base, then reseat. This should activate the internal tamper switch which will learn it into the system. The TX ID that pops up should match what is printed on the sensor. Click on the “Accept” button to save, and then move to the next prompt.

Can you check my system and see if the panel or any of the components need software or firmware updates, please?

Panel firmware patch notes and updates can be found here:

For Video Cameras, you can check for updates cia tha Alarm.com website, Video > Settings > Video Device Info.

Thanks, the Panel Update worked fine, except, I have run a Z-Wave check network 2 times, and it crashes the panel. Finally, on a 3rd try, it worked. Should I be concerned?

This is not an issue we have encountered previously. When you say crash, did it occur during or after the Z-Wave Network check? How long after the panel update did you run this check?

Currently, all Z-Wave devices (save for the one outlined below) are reporting a good link quality and that they successfully partook in a Z-wave network rediscovery on 9/19/2022

One device is in malfunction: Node 11 - Den You may need to delete the device locally, then re-add.

I ran the check right after the firmware update. During the running of the check, the panel crashed and rebooted. As I said it finally worked so it may be a SMH kind of thing