How to get started using Surety with a 2GIG GC3 Panel

Getting Started

Surety provides service for all Alarm.com compatible alarm systems, including the 2GIG GC3.

With an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible, 4G LTE module you would only need to activate your system by purchasing a service plan and following our setup steps. This process can take as little as 5 minutes!

Click here to get started!

What if I Need a New Module or my Module is Registered?

If you currently have service with another dealer, you won’t be able to activate service with Surety until your 4G LTE module is no longer linked to an active Alarm.com account. Modules are typically unregistered during the account cancellation process.

If you have a 3G module it would need to be replaced with a 4G LTE module. As of June 2019, Alarm.com will no longer allow new accounts to be created using 3G due to the impending 3G sunset.

Should you need a new compatible module, we have you covered. We offer the 4G LTE (Verizon) Cell Sled on our site! Your panel would need to be at firmware version 3.1.3 or later in order to be compatible. You can find 2GIG GC3 firmware here.

Can I Upgrade My Panel?

If you are instead looking to upgrade your system, there would be a couple good options.

The IQ Panel 4 345Mhz version (IQP4003) uses a 4G LTE communicator and a legacy 345Mhz sensor radio, so existing wireless sensors (with the exception of Alarm.com Image Sensors) would be compatible.

With the IQ Panel 4 345Mhz version, you’ll gain access to optional exclusive features such as:

• Power G sensor compatibility, for powerful encryption and extreme range
  • Stream Alarm.com video cameras to your panel screen
  • Answer video doorbell calls through your panel
  • Use advanced Z-wave diagnostics to build the best possible network

While we do not carry it at this time, the 2GIG brand EDGE panel can use legacy 345MHz sensors as well.