Help finding new control panel and monitoring Company

Hello,

I am looking for a new, preferably Qolsys, control panel that has the following functionality and would like to know if Surety has something that would work:

1. Mixed environment of wired and wireless sensors.

2. Hardwire Translator functionality.

3. Z-Wave lights/switches.

4. Secondary panels in different parts of home.

5. Use a wire siren.

Thanks

Happy to assist!

Do you have existing sensors or are you starting from scratch?

We carry the Qolsys brand IQ Panel 4 IQP4001. It works with 319.5MHz sensors (Qolsys/GE) and DSC brand PowerG sensors (encrypted). It has a 4G LTE module (Verizon), Wi-Fi for dual path communication and a Z-Wave Plus radio.

• Wired sensors can be taken over using a Hardiwred to Wireless translator, like the Hardwire16-F from Qolsys. This is required for any wired sensors, the IQ Panel 4 does not have an internal terminal block.

• This guide here is a list of tested compatible Z-Wave devices.

• Works with the IQ Remote 9104-840 and the PowerG wireless WS9LCDWF9

• The IQ Panel 4 does not have an internal terminal block but a wired siren can be connected to the IQ Hardwire 16F, see the installation manual for more inforamtion.

Hi Tyler,

1. I have a bunch of wireless motion sensors, smoke detectors, CO detectors, wired glass break, wired motion sensors that I wanted to transfer.to the new panel. Can I use my current smoke detectors with the new panel?

2. Okay, it looks like my switch isn’t on there. It’s the GE 14294. Maybe it goes under a different number now because it looks like the picture in the chart.

3. Okay, great.

4. I have the Hardwire Translator 16 but mine isn’t the small form factor. Will mine still work with the panel? I have the 16-S. Also, with my Qolsys QS-9004-VZ I needed to run a wire from the Translator to the panel for the buzzer. Do I still need to do that if I wanted to use the wired siren? Is the activation of the wired siren from the Panel 4 handled wirelessly, now?

Thanks.

I have a bunch of wireless motion sensors, smoke detectors, CO detectors, wired glass break, wired motion sensors that I wanted to transfer.to the new panel. Can I use my current smoke detectors with the new panel?

Depends on the make/model of sensor, are the 319.5MHz sensors? You can check what you have against this guide here. If using the IQP4001, the 319.5 and PowerG sections are relevant.

Pay attention to the life safety devices, they dont last forever, depending on their use by date, they may need to be replaced.

Okay, it looks like my switch isn’t on there. It’s the GE 14294. Maybe it goes under a different number now because it looks like the picture in the chart.

If its just an on/off Z-Wave switch, it may still work, it just hasn’t been tested compatible. Local testing would be needed.

I have the Hardwire Translator 16 but mine isn’t the small form factor. Will mine still work with the panel?

The IQ Panel 4 IQP4001 is compatible with the IQ Hardwire 16-S QS7131-840

Also, with my Qolsys QS-9004-VZ I needed to run a wire from the Translator to the panel for the buzzer. Do I still need to do that if I wanted to use the wired siren? Is the activation of the wired siren from the Panel 4 handled wirelessly, now?

There are no terminal blocks in the IQ Panel 4, no wires could run from the hardwire to the IQ Panel 4.

In this case, you would either need to replace the 16-S with the Hardwire 16F or replace the Hardwired Siren with a wireless one. Either the IQ Siren (Z-Wave) or the PowerG Indoor Siren PG9901 are compatible indoor siren options. Replacing the siren is likely to be the better option.

Okay, thanks.

Do I still need to use resistors if I change the Hardwire 16?

Do I still need to use resistors if I change the Hardwire 16?

Yes. It would be recommended to replace the siren instead.

Hi Jason,

The Hardwire 16-F small enclosure on the website shows 8 zones in the picture. I just want to make sure that it is indeed 16.

Also, what’s the difference between the PowerG versus the Hardwire 16. Is one better than the other for certain applications?

Thanks

The Hardwire 16-F small enclosure on the website shows 8 zones in the picture. I just want to make sure that it is indeed 16.

The Hardwire 16F QS7133-840 and QS7134-840 support up to 16 zones. The image in the product page is likely from an older device. You can refer to the product page and Installation Manual for more information.

Also, what’s the difference between the PowerG versus the Hardwire 16. Is one better than the other for certain applications?

IQ Hardwire PowerG supports 8 zones and supports 18 2-wire smoke detectors.

The Hardwire 16F has more zones (16) but less 2-wire smokes can be supported (10 total)

• Support for System Sensor® 2W-B, 2WT-B, 2WTA-B* *Detector models should not be mixed.

More information on S-Line vs PowerG in general can be found below:

Hi Jason,

Okay thanks,

I received my new equipment. Do you recommend resetting my Hardwire 16-S before I Auto Learn it to the new IQ 4 Panel?

Thanks

Yes it is fine to reset a new Hardwire 16F, just in case it was a unit that was qc tested and wasn’t reset, but usually isn’t necessary

Hi Jason,

Is there a link on how to set up the new Qolsys Panel for new customers? There were no instructions in the box. The Panel tried to do the its self test but failed. Also, how do I know the panel is being monitored.

Thanks

Visit the Surety system manager here to start activation, or visit suretyhome.com/setup.

Follow the steps in the activation process to get the panel connected. Revisit the system manager after activating to edit your professional monitoring settings in the professional monitoring tab.

Testing instructions for after activation can be found here:

Sensor programming guide:

Hi Jason,

What is the Alarm.com Communication Module Number:?

Thanks

That is labeled IMEI on the IQ Panel. Found on the rear label or in the About menu in settings under cellular.

Got it, thanks.

Hi Jason,

I started adding some smoke detectors to the panel and I opened the front door, which is wired, during learning mode and the panel asked if I wanted to add it. In fact, it did this with all of my wired sensors for windows and doors. Do you know how this happened without me adding the Hardwire 16 to the panel and do I still need to add it?

Thanks

If you have those zones on the Hardwire it doesn’t matter if the hardwire 16F is paired to the panel itself, they will trigger. Adding the hardwire as its own zone is used for supervision of the takeover and for wireless triggering of the wired siren output.

Okay, thanks

Hi Jason,

Is there a bulb replacement for QZ-2110-840 that works with the Panel 4?

Thanks

Alarm.com recommends the Jasco 52190.

Z-wave bubs were hit hard by parts shortages and have been hard to find for a while now.

Most any on-off Z-wave bulb should work.