Alarm Panel Problem

Waiting for CS response
Didnt get receipt from ADC
Resetting radio…pls wait
Cell test successful

Thank you, can you send another cell test? After you should notice your panel power down and reboot.

Cell test completed and panel rebooting completed. What next?

Currently I am working with an Alarm.com signaling individual, they are sending commands to re-initialize the connection and monitoring the response of the panel. Please send one more phone test at this time.

I appreciate your patience. I know this is repetitive.

Jason,

I appreciate your help as well! Initiating cell test…still has to reset radio and the test failed this time.

Then it turned right around and said it was successful.

Alright, based on the troubleshooting this unfortunately appears to require carrier intervention. The issue has been escalated to Verizon and the Alarm.com signaling team.

The symptoms are known, though they can have a few different causes, such as the cell network extenders. In this case it appears to be caused by a forwarding error with the carrier to that module.

The only immediate and guaranteed fix in this case would be to swap to an AT&T module, but that is understandably not desirable. I do not have an ETA on an update from the carrier, but it typically does not take too long.

Note that this would affect only inbound commands. Outbound signals from your panel should still update Alarm.com with panel status, alarms, etc., without issue.

Jason,

Thanks for all the help to this point! Will the carrier need to come out or is all this done remotely? And once fixed who will be updating me?

To recap, the only remaining problem is my inability to send remote commanfs from the app to the system and lastly, please confirm that the central station CAN see my system and is receiving all messages.

We will update this thread when info from the carrier/ADC is available. The fix is entirely remote.

Correct, all of your cell phone tests, as well as the burglary signal yesterday while the system was in test mode with the central station are logged in your central station history. You can contact the central station directly to confirm any test signals.

Jason,

Any updates from Verizon and the signaling team at Alarm.com?

No updates yet, however a similar case has been recently resolved so I would imagine we should receive an update by next week.

Jason,

New problem: when we arm away and come into the house via the front door the alarm is going off immediately without an entry delay. Sometimes, it doesnt go off at all and there is no entry delay! What could the issue be?

What I see in the last four alarm events is an alarm signal from a motion detector, with no prior activity from the door.

From your description it just sounds like the Front Door sensor is not signaling open/close to the panel.

Have you performed any work on the Front Door sensor? Have you changed the batteries? If it is set to chime, does it do so successfully when opened ever?

Has the magnet been moved? There would be a magnet and a sensor, one on the door and one on the frame.

I have not messed with the front door at all. I did install and program a new door sensor on the side door of the house. Not sure if thst had anything to do with it but sometimes the front door acts ok and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there a way for you to remotely reprogram the front door entry delay?

Not sure if thst had anything to do with it but sometimes the front door acts ok and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there a way for you to remotely reprogram the front door entry delay?

Entry Delay can be adjusted by accessing the installer toolbox by pressing the icon in the bottom right of the home screen and entering your installer code. Select System Configuration and go to Questions 5-7. These control Exit/Entry Delay.

We can assist with a change, however the issue you are seeing would not be an issue with entry delay. This would almost certainly be a physical issue with the door sensor, low battery, signaling issue, or the physical reed switch is not opening.

It looks like programming for the Front Door sensor is likely correct. Can you test the Front Door sensor reliability opening and closing? You’ll want to make sure chime is turned on for that zone (looks like it is currently set to voice announcement), then open and close the door slowly about 10 times. Does the panel chime as it should? Does the door never report open?

This may be a malfunctioning sensor.

I will check on this when i get home.

Alright, not a problem. However, looking at this again, this actually may be as simple as entry delay, you are right.

This is an older Basic Interactive account and I do not see as much activity in the event log unfortunately due to the age of the account. I did not see the expected door activity, which made me assume a problem with the sensor, but it looks like no entry delay door activity is available.

If you think the entry delay may be running out before disarm that may in fact be it. Q6 is Entry Delay 1. Q7 is Entry Delay 2.

Looks like your entry sensors are programmed to use Entry Delay 1.

It can be edited to be between 30 and 240 seconds. Currently looks like it is set to 30.

Right now the alarm goes off as soon as the front door opens. I will check the questions and get back to you. Is they a video to step me through it?

Right now the alarm goes off as soon as the front door opens. I will check the questions and get back to you. Is they a video to step me through it?

If it is immediate, the alarm goes off as soon as the door is opened, then there are two possibilities:

1. The physical or battery issue I suspected.
  2. The panel is being armed with “No Delay” checked. Selecting “No Delay” removes Entry Delay for the arming period essentially turns Entry points into perimeter points.

It is doubtful that the issue is number 2, because I do not see alarms being generated by the door sensors, the last four, all this month, have been a motion detector, meaning the door would have already been opened and would have reported an alarm first if “No Delay” was selected.

I don’t believe there is a video for that, but we can add that as a request and get one made. In general to change Entry Delay 1:

Press the icon in bottom right of home screen on the 2GIG Panel. Enter the Installer Code. Press System Configuration. Press Go To. Type 06.

At Q6, type in the desired length, 30-240. Then press End and Exit, Saving Changes.