Alarm Panel Problem

Jason,

There is no announcement when the front door opens…how do i fix that?

Well, you would want to make sure chime is turned on before we can say this to be a symptom of an issue.

Press Security - Menu. Are Chime and Voice checked?

Then, press Toolbox - Master Code - Chimes Setup. What is the chime setting for the Front Door sensor?

Front door isnt listed. All others doors are there and work properly.

The Front Door is listed as Zone 1 in Alarm.com.

You do not see it in your Chimes Setup list?

What doors do you see?

Side and back doors only on the chimes list

With all the doors closed and the system at ready to arm, i left the front door open to see if it will pick up on it snd ask thst tge front door be closed or bypassed to arm the system…it didn’t even pick up on the door being open.

You’ll want to enter your system configuration to verify whether that Zone may have been inadvertently disabled when adding the side door zone.

Press the icon in bottom right of home screen on the 2GIG Panel. Enter the Installer Code. Press System Configuration. The very first Zone should be the Front Door Zone, if you scroll down once, what zone type is listed? (It should be entry/exit)

Jason, your diagnosis may be right on. The first thing there is the side door and it says entry/exit when i scroll down

How do we fix it?

Aha, I requested updated sensor names in Alarm.com, it looks like the side door was programmed into zone 1, deleting the front door.

You would need to re-learn the front door into the panel.

Scroll to the first unused sensor Zone, it should be Zone 7. Follow the programming steps below, then End, Exit Saving Changes.

RF Sensor Type: (1) Entry Exit
RF Sensor Equipment Code: (0862) 2GIG Thin Door/Window Contact
RF Sensor Serial Number: Shift – Learn – Trip Sensor
RF Sensor Equipment Age: New
RF Sensor Loop Number: 2
RF Sensor Dialer Delay: Disabled
RF Sensor Voice Descriptor: As desired (098, 058 is Front Door)
RF Sensor Reports: Enabled
RF Sensor Supervised: Enabled
RF Sensor Chime: As desired, can be changed out of programming

So from system config scroll up or down?

From system config, at the top, when it says “Select RF Sensor #” Scroll right until you reach the first unused, unnamed zone. It should be zone 7. Then scroll down through the programming fields.

And done! Thanks Jason!

Happy to help!

Just the signaling issue persists. Still no updates from Verizon?

They have not reached out yet, but we will follow up on the ticket and see if any updates are available.

Hey Jason, any news from the carrier?

Yes, and unfortunately it has been escalated and reviewed by the carrier and they are saying that in this case the issue cannot be resolved and it appears that the physical module is likely defective and a new module is required.

It doesn’t look like the module being used was purchased from suretyDIY, is that correct? Was it purchased used?

Keep in mind suretyDIY has a 30 day return policy, so if you would like to try a new module you can find Verizon CDMA here, LTE here, and AT&T here. If it does not resolve the issue, you can return it and we will have more detail for ADC to dig into the network.

Your current firmware will support any module.

Jason, i am about to install the new module. Please get back to me on your return to the office on Monday.

New Module installed but I’m still having a problem with arming the system from the alarm.com app.