Zone tripping with just resistor

Hi Tyler,

This is happening on the small 16F. The zones showing tamper are 2,7 and 9.

Ok. I will order on. The battery has been giving low readings for a while, but I don’t know if it’s related to the board issues or not.

Thanks
Fred

What is the Sensor ID of the 7133 Hardwire 16?

Tyler,
The sensor IS is 68F9A0.

Thank you, we will need that information should that HW16 be defective.

Tyler,

I replaced the 16F and relearned all of those sensors into the panel. So far, all of those sensors are behaving properly. I will watch it for a few days, but I expect I will need an RMA for the original board.

I also removed all the sensors from the other original 16F from the panel, reset the memory, and switched the resistor setting to 4.7k I tested each circuit on this card and all lines were between 4.66k and 4.7k. After resetting the board again to be sure, I relearned all of the attached sensors into this 16F and and the panel. The learning process worked as it should. However…When I checked the app tonight to see how the sensors were performing, all of them have tripped more than once, and none of these windows were opened or closed since learning them. Previously, I had this board set up at the 1 to 10k resistor setting. Is there a different way to do a hard reset on the board? When I receive my first two 16F’s both powered up in the 1 to 10k mode (with a sloe LED flash). I thought this was the default, and why I later questioned the LED blink pattern with Jason. Before I ask to replace this board, I am willing to try a different kind of board reset. I have been fussing with this for over a month now. Any ideas?

Thanks
Fred

I replaced the 16F and relearned all of those sensors into the panel. So far, all of those sensors are behaving properly. I will watch it for a few days, but I expect I will need an RMA for the original board.

Good to hear that this is working as expected. We can get the RMA process started. We will need one last bit of information from that unit. What is the serial number? It should follow CHVXXXXXXX format. Can be found on the box and on the unit.

The default mode is “UL Mode” where 4.7k resistors are required on each
zone. In this mode the Processor LED blinks rapidly (8 times per second).

There is only one way to clear the memory, from the manual:

Power down the unit by unplugging the battery leads and the power supply. Hold down “Memory Reset” for 3 seconds while re-applying power to the device. Processor, RF Xmit and EOL CAL LED’s will begin to flash rapidly indicating that the module has been reset.

NOTE: It is recommended to Clear the Memory when
installing the unit for the first time or when switching
between Resistor Modes if devices have previously
been enrolled into the IQ Hardwire 16

Thanks Tyler. I did clear the memory as you stated after I changed the resistor mode. I will try one more time. Are there any other steps you can recommend?

Thanks
Fred

To confirm, the replacement Small HW16F is working fine. However, the Large HW16F is no longer working properly and all or some connected sensors are reporting a tamper, correct?

There is only one manner of reset for the HW16F (as outlined above and in the manual).

Ensure all wires are connected properly and that all correct resistors are attached correctly as well.

How many zones attached to the Large HW16F board are reporting issues?

Tyler. Most of the zones are reporting a tamper. I watched the panel for about 20 min and saw 3 zones trip 2,3,7. I also noticed the green communication led light and no zones, but the panel recorded a trip. Is the problem with the board or the panel? The 16f I replaced has been fine so far.

How many zones are in use on the Large HW? Of those, is it only the zones 2,3, and 7 that tamper?

Hardwire Translator 1 is tampering - Do you have a jumper across the tamper terminals?

I have the cover open so I can see it. I will jumper this to remove that factor while we troubleshoot. I have 12 zones in use on that board. I count at least 7 different zones tampering in error of the last 50 events.

Tyler,
Please send me an RMA for the board I replaced (16F small) and for my original 16F large. For the latter, as you can hopefully see from my panel information, I continue to get tampers on all wired zones. This was after I did the following yesterday:

Removed all zones for large 16F from the panel
Rebooted the panel twice
Cut and reterminating all zones with new resistors (testing first the resistor for compliance and then testing again after the termination on the wire).
Reset the memory on the 16F 3 times (to be sure),the resistor setting is still for 4.7k
Relearned all zones for the large 16F in the board and panel.

The small 16F I replaced is working fine. I’m done messing with the large on. I do not need the large can or battery, just a replacement board please sonI can finally use all I’ve invested (~$2000) into this system.

Thanks
Fred

For each HW16, I will need the part number, Sensor ID and the Serial Number to begin the RMA process.

When RMAing the 7134-840 Large, it would be replaced by the same version.

Hi Tyler,
Here is the information you requested. Please note, the QS7133-840 needs to be refunded as I already purchased and installed the replacement. The QS7134-840 needs to be shipped to me so I can replace it.

QS7134-840 Serial number: CHDB211501879 Sensor ID: 8896A0
QS7133-840 Serial number: CHVC210900243 Sensor ID: 68F9A0

Please keep me updated on the replacement.

Thanks,
Fred

Thank you for that information, we are working on getting the necessary RMA information complied to get both HW16s sent back.

With warranty replacement, you have two options:

1. return the defective item, and once the returned item is received by our team we will ship you a replacement, or
  2. if you would like the replacement shipped prior to the defective equipment arriving at Surety you can purchase a replacement via our online store for us to ship out. The total cost of the replacement order, including shipping, will be refunded once the defective equipment has been returned to us.

We will follow up as soon as we have the RMA information for the returns

Following up with this, customer service has sent over the RMA form and shipping instructions to the email address on file.

The replacement 7134-840 is being processed as well. Once finalized you will receive a confirmation email along with tracking information.

Thanks Tyler. I already ordered and received a replacement large 16F. Both items on the RMA have been sent. Please credit my card for the 2 returned items when you receive them.

Also, ALL alarm sensors are working properly now. The boards did the trick. Now I am working to add my zwave switches that I took from my prior home.

Thanks
Fred

Glad to hear it. Once everything has been received and processed a refund can be issued, customer service will follow up with you via email once everything is sorted.

As for Z-Wave, the below guide covers how to setup a Z-Wave Network along with panel specific instructions on how to clear, add, and run a Z-Wave network rediscovery.