Z-Wave Siren and 2GIG GC3

Hello. I purchased a zwave alarm siren to add to my system but I do not know how to add it so that it will sound on an alarm event. I put my system in test mode with central station, and triggered an alarm, and it did not sound.

I was able to successfully add the siren as a device to the system, so that’s not the problem.

I looked into the zwave rules section (under emPower) of my panel, and I found an option to add an event upon triggering an alarm. But my siren did not show up under the devices to trigger.

What can I try next?
Thanks

Looks like this is regarding a GC3 panel. GC3 does have some compatibility issues still which firmware releases will address.

What model of Z-wave siren is this?

I looked into the zwave rules section (under emPower) of my panel, and I found an option to add an event upon triggering an alarm. But my siren did not show up under the devices to trigger.

Sounds like you were looking on ADC. Have you gone into the panel Device Associations section?

System Settings - Installer Code - Smart Home Settings - Device Association - press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section - Scroll down to Group 6, Alarm - Edit Group - Add Siren - tap off of box and back out.

That did the trick! Thank you very much!
Steve

Were always happy to help

I purchased a Z-wave alarm today. Followed the suggestions in thispost and it wont alarm. Specifically i followed this:

System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Scroll down to Group 6, Alarm – Edit Group – Add Siren – tap off of box and back out.

Is there something else I need to change in the settings? Should the Z-wave alarm activate under system tests, console tests, Siren Audio Test?

What model of Z-wave siren are you trying to use? Did it successfully learn in as a siren?

Utilitech model TSE07-1. I am not there now but can check later. I did notice siren in some areas but it was called something else, can’t remember off-hand, other places. Where specifically should I look?

Access Settings - Smart Home Settings - View All Devices.

What is the siren listed as?

Everspring SE812-2 Siren
Node ID: 2

How far away is the siren from the panel and do you have any ac powered Z-wave nodes in between?

For testing, it was like 10 feet away. I have no other z-wave devices in the mix. I have yet to be able to test it with an actual alarm since following this post. Hopefully tonight I will be able to test. I have only been able to test through the console tests.

Ah, yes you will want to test it in an alarm scenario to verify function. Let us know if it announces and turns off as expected.

It announced fine but didn’t turn off. I had to manually turn it off. Q9 is set to enabled. It should turn off after two way communication, no? Q40 was set to unlimited. I changed it to 4 minutes but couldn’t test. Alarm testing drives the dog and my wife nuts. With these settings, what should I expect?

Thanks,
Dan

Alarm testing drives the dog and my wife nuts.

You can actually temporarily lessen that for testing purposes.

System Settings - Installer Code - Installer Toolbox - Disable Sounder. This should at least keep the panel siren from sounding.

With these settings, what should I expect?

Given some reported Z-wave issues that need addressed by firmware, you will want to test to verify, however, Both internal and Z-wave siren should follow the sounder timeout period if left active.

It announced fine but didn’t turn off. I had to manually turn it off.

By manually turn it off are you referring to disarming the system locally or by other means?

Similar to the Alarm device association, you can set up an association for the siren under the Disarm (off) section. Does this resolve the issue?

I had to turn off the siren through system settings/smart home settings/view all devices/my device/configure. The only option I have under configure is to manually turn it on or off.

Does the “(on)” and “(off)” you refer to correspond with the device. Meaning, if you add the device to disarm(off) it turns the device off during a disarm action and disarm(on) turns the device on?

I will add the siren to disarm(off) and report back when I have an opportunity to test.

Ok, everything seems to be working. I have the siren on supervised (15 sec) and after an alarm I get a notification about the siren supervision. Not sure supervision of this siren is necessary. According to the directions, the siren beeps and flashes when the batteries are low. In supervision mode, will the panel also alert? Any way to test other than wait for batteries to go low?

Any way to test other than wait for batteries to go low?

Low Battery alerts can be received by making sure to turn on the “One of my devices has a low battery” option in Alarm.com under the system actions to watch notification.

You could deliberately insert older batteries to test sooner.