Word of warning for those who upgrade to 2GIG v1.14

I just had to completely reinstall every single zone on my panel, and reconfigure all programming Q’s, panel settings, User codes, etc.

If you upgrade firmware on the GC2 to 1.14, DO NOT EVER try to flash another version of the firmware (I tried to go back to 1.13), and while it was successful, it wiped everything except zwave devices.

Usually firmware upgrades/downgrades do not default/change the console Q’s, or mess with installed zones. I dunno if this is by design or a bug. Ouch.

Just to clarify, it was only the downgrade that caused a problem right? The upgrade went smooth?

Go control 2 , are we referring to vivint sky panel?

No, not the Sky Panel.

2GIG refers to the current iteration of the Go!Control as the GC2.

I’ll see if I can replicate this today and post result here.

Yes just down. I went back to 1.14 immediately and spend 3 hours last night restoring. Ill call data entry later and verify zones are correct. (I had to look at an old video I made for PIR walk testing to get the zones and descriptors).

I can confirm. All zones/Q’s were defaulted upon returning to 1.13. Z-wave devices remained.

I’ll shoot this over to 2GIG to find out if it is an expected occurrence.

Since 1.14 actually expands on the number of available zones/users, that might be relevant to why this happens.

On a side note, 2GIG users may be able to take advantage of it to unlock, gain installer access and reset panels simply by flashing freely downloadable firmware twice.

2GIG-UPCBL2
Firmware 1.14
Firmware 1.13

Default master: 1111
Default installer (Q44): 1561

Now there’s an idea. I’ll test that…but of course none of the panels here are locked. So we’ll have to wait 48 hours for proper results. (Installer lock delay)

Now there’s an idea. I’ll test that…but of course none of the panels here are locked. So we’ll have to wait 48 hours for proper results. (Installer lock delay)

Might want to lock out Q44 and Q45. If it works, then that means Q45 is essentially broken though.

I can confirm. All zones/Q’s were defaulted upon returning to 1.13. Z-wave devices remained.

I’ll shoot this over to 2GIG to find out if it is an expected occurrence.

Since 1.14 actually expands on the number of available zones/users, that might be relevant to why this happens.

What does 2GIG say?

Might want to lock out Q44 and Q45. If it works, then that means Q45 is essentially broken though.

Yes, both were changed.

No word from 2GIG yet. I’m not going to push it until I test tomorrow. It is very likely if it resets 44/45 that it is unintentional.

No word from 2GIG yet. I’m not going to push it until I test tomorrow. It is very likely if it resets 44/45 that it is unintentional.

That is what I think too. I’ll just call it a bug. We know for sure it resets the installer code.

IF it does effectively reset to default a locked out panel, then I suspect a firmware update will be out shortly to either rerelease/replace in entirety 1.14, or perhaps push a 1.14.1

For those who already downloaded the firmware (and made it available to their customers, like Surety, I wouldn’t be at all surprised, if 2GIG instructed to remove this version, and redownload).

For those who want to take advantage of this, be sure to download and backup this version of 1.14 (and perhaps 1.13) for safe keeping as a potentially “unofficial” unlock/ installer reset tool.

Why did you go back to 1.13 anyway? Were you having problems?

Why did you go back to 1.13 anyway? Were you having problems?

Lets just say I like to play with my toys.

Well. Defaulted.

1.14 aka 2GIG panel unlock tool.

I just downloaded/ backed up 1.14 and 1.13. I just need to verify it unlocks and defaults a Vivint panel now.

Anyone still has 1.14 firmware? Thank you

The firmware downloads are here:
https://suretyhome.com/download/2GIG/firmware/archive/

and 1.14 is HERE

Thanks riven

hi all, maybe a stupid question, but do I need to stay on 1.13 firmware, after using the 1.14->1.13 process to unlock the panel (worked beautifully btw!!!), or once the panel is fully unlocked/defaulted I’m now ok to flash to the newest firmware (1.14.01)?

The newest firmware is 1.17 currently. We do not support reflashing older firmware and cannot guarantee issues will not be seen. However, we are not aware of issues preventing updating firmware after.