Word of warning for those who upgrade to 2GIG v1.14

understood. thank you Warren. Where can I find 1.17? The latest I see if 1.14.01

Firmware can be found here for 2GIG Go!Control.

thank you Jason, my apologies for all the questions, but I have one more. Is it OK to flash directly to 1.17 from 1.13 or do I need to update in order or firmware released?

Questions are why we’re here!

You should be able to go directly to 1.17.

If you have earlier than 1.9.6, you should go to 1.9.6 first.

awesome! I’m at 1.13 now, so I should be good!

but… looking at the firmware files… so 1.17 is only available for the CP but not for TS1? I do have two TS1’s that I also need to flash and the instructions say, CP and TS1 must run on the same version, so I should only do 1.16 on both than?

Ah, no the firmware is matched in the download. There is no 1.17 for TS1s. You would use 1.16 for the TS1 and 1.17 for the panel.

TS1s do not always have a corresponding update.

got it. I was worries for a second as the instructions say the versions have to match!.

thank you Jason.

I was ready to give up on this locked panel until I found this thread, as the previous vendor (Vector Security) outright refused to unlock it for me… Now I’m good to go!

I was worries for a second as the instructions say the versions have to match!

Yeah that’s a touch confusing in certain cases but yeah this is similar to previous versions. 1.12 was released only for panels and TS1s remained on 1.10. 1.9 was flat for TS1s but there were a few 1.9.X versions for panels.

1.14->1.13 process to unlock the panel (worked beautifully btw!!!) [On Vector Security panel]

Glad it worked for reseting. For anybody else reading this,and wanting to unlock a 2GIG GC panel, this appears to only work on those panels where the vendor is using normal 2GIG firmware.

If your vendor uses custom firmware variants (like Vivint/APX on v1.9.6 or earlier),or your panel is on firmware 1.11,or 1.15 (I forget the name of the vendor using these versions), then the 1.14 firmware downgrade to 1.13 firmware unlock will likely not work.

I think only two vendors use non-OEM firmware (Vivint and one other), so generally this 1.14>1.13 method should work for nearly all 2GIG GC panels.