Weather flakey on IQ Remote

I’ve been noticing on my IQ Remote that weather becomes unavailable at times. Not true on the IQP4. The IQ remote is paired via PowerG, but it also on WiFi. I notice this because I have enabled the Weather Clock screen saver and when weather failed the screen saver shows only the clock. Before I enabled the weather clock I would notice weather not working when I clicked the weather icon on the upper left and the popup screen would be blank where it would normally show 4 days of weather forecast.

I’m on 4.4.1. Is this a known issue or is there a way to debug this condition to understand better where this is breaking down?

Not a known issue that we have seen in the past. How often does this occur?

Weather to panel data is sent to the panel once per day. Do you see the issue resolve itself during the day, or by the next day?

Is the issue occurring right now?

Yes, it’s happening right now.

I’ve only had the entire system set up a short while so it’s too early to notice a pattern. I’ve noticed it 3 times. Since I’m more or less letting the whole system bake a while after setting it up I hadn’t thought it was very critical.

Just resent weather to the panel. Does it show up on the remote? Can take a few minutes.

Not a fix, but a point of data to pass to Qolsys if necessary.

Thanks. No, it hasn’t shown up on the IQ Remote. I did upload the logs to the server if that helps with analysis.

Do you know, when it occurs during the day, does the issue resolve same day, or the next day?

I’m curious if the issue fixes itself, or needs the daily command for weather to be sent to resolve the issue.

I’ll try to keep tabs on it. It has not yet resolved itself. I’m unable to answer your questions about how it resolves since the system hasn’t been active that long and I haven’t been monitoring the weather closely on the remote. There doesn’t appear to be any issues with weather on the IQP4 that it is connected to so if I had to guess the issue is with how the remote is communicating with the IQP4 over powerg etc.

How do you reboot an IQ remote?

Hold the button on the side of the unit down for 10+ seconds and a dialog box will pop up. You can reboot or power down from there.

I have passed along the relevant data to Qolsys to see if this is a known issue on their end, or if they have any recommended trouble shooting steps to resolve. I will follow up once I have more information.

1 Like

After a reboot of the IQ Remote the weather information is back in the UI. The data matches the IQP4 weather info.

If this happens again can you try pairing to the panel via wifi instead and see if the same occurs?

I can, but my objective is to keep it paired with PowerG intentionally.

Can you confirm the software version on the IQ Remote ?(Settings > Advanced Settings > About > Software)

Thank you for that. I have passed on this information to Qolsys for review as well, and I will follow up once I have heard back.

1 Like

Qolsys followed up stating this is not a known issue. They want to know what time the most recent event occurred.

Has it occurred today?

Thanks. It has not occurred today. At this moment the IQ Remote on my system is showing the weather clock and also will show the 4 days of weather when the icon on the upper left is clicked.

Did the logs show anything? If they want to send a debug build or enable some logging let me know. I’m a software engineer so I’m ok with testing some of this out.

Nothing from Qolsys regarding the logs. Qolsys will want to know the next time it occurs and then upload logs from that time period.

Thank you. I will post if and when it happens again.

Ok, while the weather hasn’t gone away on the IQ Remote I have noticed that one day is missing. So if I were to guess maybe the sync stops working and eventually you run out of forecast days. I have clicked the button to upload the logs.