VMD issues and saved video problems

Over the past week or so, my outdoor cameras have not been saving motion triggered events regularly. I have already done the following:

Verified the cameras are active and I can view live feed on them.
Checked the recording rules are active and proper.
Reset all VMD settings including deleting all existing windows and redrawing them (in a thin trip wire manner) and changing both the sensitivity to the highest and target size to the smallest.

I can verify that it is saving less than half of the events it should be capturing. It has saved an event when my car is leaving the home but not when I get back.

Does this have anything to do with the email you sent out regarding the new video analytics you are in the process of implementing?

Sorry to hear that you are running into these issues.

The listed troubleshooting is a great start and both cameras are reporting successfully:

• Have there been any changes to your network since the issues began?
  • What is your overall internet upload speed?
  • Did you fully delete, then recreate, recording rules?
    • If not, you will want to do this and wait at least 5 minutes between each step and before testing to give the rules a chance to fully be removed/re-added.
  • Have you rebooted the cameras?

I am noticing that the wireless strength on the 722 is borderline low, boosting that would be recommended, currently It looks like its on a 5Ghz network, if you can switch it to 2.4, that may help.

Does this have anything to do with the email you sent out regarding the new video analytics you are in the process of implementing?

No. To clarify, Video Analytics is a feature that has been active for some time now on accounts with the necessary service plan, including Surety Complete. It is only used by cameras that are compatible with it.

It is recommended to use VA rules for cameras that support it but it is not a requirement . Currently, the only compatible camera on your account is the V722W.

More on compatible cameras and getting Video Analytics set up can be found here:

Additionally, you can find Video Motion Detection best practices here:

While best practice for VMD windows is akin to a tripwire, you may want to adjust the width a bit to make them wider then test for increased recordings.