Video resolution question: 728 vs 838

Hi!

I am experimenting with both of the above cameras in my system, and I notice that the VC838PF lets me adjust the live video resolution, while the VC728PF does not. But from my reading of the specs sheet they are the same, and they both should. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

The ADC-VC728PF and ADC-VC838PF have a maximum resolution of 4 Megapixels (2560 x 1440).

However, there are a variety of factors that may affect the maximum resolution, outlined here:

In this case, it appears the ADC-VC728PF has a SD Recording Rule set up., which sets the maximum resolution to 1080p.

Hi:

It is not an SD recording schedule I have set, it is simply a recording schedule.

It is not possible to set 4MP resolution for clips. Or for analytics triggered rules recording.

And further, I think we are discovering that whenever we use any recording of any type, we cannot view live 4MP video.

Doesn’t that mean that this camera is effectively not 4MP at all?

To clarify, SD Recording = Onboard Recording. I’m showing a schedule, Onboard Schedule: Front camera for that camera. This can be found under Video > Recording Rules > Local Recordings.

And further, I think we are discovering that whenever we use any recording of any type, we cannot view live 4MP video.

Looks like 4MP is available when streaming via SVR local display using ADC-CSVR126, Pro Series ADC-CSVR20XX SVR.