Video Doorbell

Lenard, have you actually received and installed yours yet?

Andunn, where did you buy the ADC version?

Thanks,
Ben

I was told that the only one that works is the Alarm.com version which is what I bought.

I’m told by ADC reps this is the case. They say they only officially support the ADC branded version. I’m going to set one up here soon to test and check the ADC version firmware, as a comparison.

I’ve personally heard conflicting reports on this till now as well.

I do not have a non-ADC version to test, so if anyone does add one to their account, let us know.

Excellent thanks Jason, I ordered one of the SkyBell cameras, can you enable it for my account? I don’t see the chat button in the website.

What do you recommend to do with the 2gig doorbell, should I disable or someone link both?

Please be aware ADC does state they do not officially support non-ADC branded ones. I’m definitely interested in whether or not it will work. I have not heard definitive confirmation.

Also, from above, please note: “It requires Alarm.com Video service.”

Doorbell Camera addition will require the Cloud Video service add-on as a pre-requisite

Where do you order an official ADC SkyBell?

Spoke with SkyBell technical support and they verified that you must purchase the ADC version of SkyBell to receive ADC support.

Now the question is where to order the ADC SkyBell?

We should have them for sale fairly soon, though I do not have an exact ETA.

OK I spoke to SkyBell and they recommend to buy the ADC version…They are selling to ADC only the hardware and ADC will use their own software on them. It could be very easy for ADC to limit the software to specific HW.
Most likely ADC is making money with each device they sell and can be a bad Idea to make it open to the non-ADC SkyBell HD.
I hope that the price for the ADC variant is no more than 199

Most likely ADC is making money with each device they sell and can be a bad Idea to make it open to the non-ADC SkyBell HD

I wouldn’t doubt if security reasons also play a factor, since it is integrating with ADC video.

nothing wrong with making money, I understand that ADC must offset the cost of the development somehow…and is a business not a charity.

Have not received mines yet, may get end of week or next week. Ordered from Skybell,
The HD edition. It would be nice if ADC documentation mentioned the special version.
That would be a great way to do business, what were they thinking???

This is interesting, From andunn:

"I have Livewatch and they were able to put it on my account. I had to upgrade to video (I did not have that previously) and they had to enable it. They had to get alarm.com on the phone to verify a few things and we did a three-way call since the product is new and Livewatch is not familiar with it.

I followed the directions and installed through the mobile app. If you purchase, the alarm.com rep said to let it fully charge. It takes about 45 minutes to do this. He said do not attempt to do anything while it’s charging."

If ADC does not have any…how could he have installed a working one and be using the ADC
Backend??? I would love to know.

Jason, please put me on the list to buy the ADC SkyBell from you when you have them. Thanks.

Jason, please put me on the list to buy the ADC SkyBell from you when you have them. Thanks.

If ADC does not have any..how could he have installed a working one and be using the ADC Backend??? I would love to know

We are not ADC. suretyDIY is an Alarm.com dealer. ADC Skybell HDs are not yet on the suretyDIY store, typically new products go through some testing here first.

To be notified when the doorbell is available, simply make sure you are subscribed to this thread. We will update here when it is put on the website.

There are other companies out there that has these ADC skybell HD doorbells available. I recently ordered one which will be delivered on Monday. I will keep you all posted when it arrives, setup and installed.

Here is where I bought mine:

They also have some on ebay, but they did not have the bronze which is what I wanted so I bought from above.

I installed my wi-fi extender this evening and it was a big improvement. Alarm.com device info page went from registering a 57% signal to a 92% signal strength. Picture is much more fluid now.

I recently setup the ADC-VDB also, using it with an Android phone. Overall it does what I expected. It takes a few seconds to send notification to my phone that there was a doorbell call. My wifi signal according to the ADC page is 88%. You can set the LED color and brightness of the button and it can ring your wired doorbell. It has an option to record video on button push and on motion detection.

I expect whatever complains there to be to be similar to the non-ADC Skybell HD. But some of my personal issues are:

1. It needs some tweaking on the white balance. When there is bright sky or brightness in the background faces are difficult to see. This should be able to be done in software hopefully.

2. Occasionally when starting the doorbell video, the app will display an pixelated image which doesn’t show anything. Going back in the app and starting it again will usually fix the issue and the camera will display properly.

3. The live quality image is better than the recorded video quality. There is no ability to change the recording quality at this time. Other cameras with ADC have a setting panel on the alarm.com site where you can set the recording resolution and quality. The doorbell video settings fixed by ADC at this time.

Hopefully future updates will address these. I hope they improve the speed from when motion is detected/button is pushed to receive notifications. As this takes a few seconds with me as well.

The live quality image is better than the recorded video quality. There is no ability to change the recording quality at this time. Other cameras with ADC have a setting panel on the alarm.com site where you can set the recording resolution and quality. The doorbell video settings fixed by ADC at this time

The SkyBell HD’s recording specs are not editable at the current time. I was told this was actually manufacturer’s decision. We’ve requested this though.