Video Doorbell

I have had this for about 2 weeks so far and installed this past weekend. I have been busy or I would have sooner. I typed up a review last night with multiple pictures, submitted it, but it never appeared. I don’t want to go through typing up another.

Here are the pictures I took. Sorry, if they don’t come in right.

To Captain DRC:

I have Livewatch and they were able to put it on my account. I had to upgrade to video (I did not have that previously) and they had to enable it. They had to get alarm.com on the phone to verify a few things and we did a three-way call since the product is new and Livewatch is not familiar with it.

I followed the directions and installed through the mobile app. If you purchase, the alarm.com rep said to let it fully charge. It takes about 45 minutes to do this. He said do not attempt to do anything while it’s charging.

I typed up a review last night with multiple pictures, submitted it, but it never appeared.

Looks like it was automatically marked as spam. Sorry about that, back up.

Where can you purchase it?

Bummer about the review

Does it work well ?

It works well, except the video is choppy at times. However, I had a notice come up during install that my wireless signal was poor, but it let me install anyways. So I’m assuming that’s the problem. I ordered a wi-fi extender and will install tonight when I get home.

Otherwise no issues. Voice back and forth works. The unlock door feature works well. Lots of setting options in the app. More, then what Ring currently offers.

Alarm.com recommends a strong 2.4GhZ wifi signal of 90% or higher at the install location. They say the Skybell HD requires a 1.5Mbps Upload speed a the install location as well. Have you run a speed test there?

Yes, mine was 2.6 up in the doorway when testing before the install and is around 5 near the router itself. We will see if this helps. That was testing with my phone data off and wi-fi access on.

Sorry if I missed this, but where do you buy the alarm.com version of the SkyBell? Is it a custom firmware or just off the shelf? I looked but couldn’t find it on suretydiy.com. Thanks very much.

Off the self, need to enable “Doorbell Camera” on your account. Don’t use the skybell app to install the door bell camera.

Thank you!

Don’t see the SkyBell HD at Best Buy or any other retailers. Too soon?

It’s on Amazon at $249.00, but Skybell has it at $199 free 2-3 day shipping. Skybell HD.
I PURCHASED from Skybell.

Lenard - you purchased direct from Skybell and are using with ADC or standalone? I was under the impression the ADC version had custom firmware.

I read through the alarm.com documentation on installing this thing and there is no
Mention of a special version of it for ADC. I Think that enabling the “DOORBELL CAMERA”
Feature on your account the trick to the connection. There another provider Livewatch that are using them off the self also. The backend for them is ADC. check out alarm.com/doorbellinfo.

Lenard – you purchased direct from Skybell and are using with ADC or standalone? I was under the impression the ADC version had custom firmware.

Appears it might not to be the case, but note that it is only the one version, specifically the Skybell HD, which might be compatible. There are older versions which are not.

Yes, Skybell HD edition is the only one compatible with ADC, thats the one I ordered
Based on the documentation I found.

So, can we ask ADC to enable the doorbell camera feature yet? or we have to wait? thanks

Doorbell Cam feature is available through suretyDIY now if you would like to use one.

It requires Alarm.com Video service.

I was told that the only one that works is the Alarm.com version which is what I bought. Perhaps I was told wrong and non alarm.com packaging skybell HD’s work as well.

What firmware version do you see on the Skybell HD’s that are not shipping in the alarm.com box?