Unsupported Manufacturing ID

Hello,

I’m getting an unsupported manufacturing ID when enrolling PG9307 PowerG recessed door/window contact to a Qolsys Panel 2+. I ordered 4 of them and they all do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

How are you learning these in and when do you see this error? Can you please add a photo of the error in reply?

If you go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors > Add Sensor and manually select PowerG source and type in the TXID, does the sensor work?

Good morning,

I followed your instructions and it still doesn’t work as before.

Photo #1, The Sensor adds ok.
Photo #2, The sensor errors out after inserting the battery.

Photo 3 below is the result of auto enrolling:

I don’t see a Surety subscription tied to this user. Do you use Surety as your service provider?

I would check your panel firmware version. Settings > Advanced Settings > About > Software. If your firmware is not up to date, it should be updated.

My Service provider is Alarm.com.I self installed using parts ordered from your website.

Firmware version is as follows:

2.6.2-ADCS 8.171-ADCL 8.171

Build #: 20210927_sp1
Linux Version#: 3.4.0
Android OS Version: 5.1.1

Thanks

Alarm.com sells through dealers. They do not sell service direct to users. Who is the service provider you purchased service from?

I purchased parts from Surety.com and did a self install. Alarm.com is my monitoring service provider.

What is the exact model number of your panel?

Panel Model # is : QS9201-1208-840

Alarm.com is my monitoring service provider.

Alarm.com sells through dealers. They are the software platform provider, they do not perform monitoring.

We seem to be hung up on Alarm.com.

I bought parts from surety.com and they are not working. Alarm.com is my monitoring service provider. When the alarm goes off, they call the police/fire etc… It’s my understanding that is called alarm monitoring. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I am asking your dealer because your dealer has access to additional diagnostic options in Alarm.com to assist with determining compatibility. I do not see your panel having been purchased through Surety.

Your dealer is not Alarm.com.

Alarm.com is the software provider. They do not perform monitoring or sell directly to users. Systems are sold and installed through certified dealers. I am pressing that because it would help you in the future to be able to contact your dealer for assistance.

Qolsys will often request panel logs for troubleshooting, something only your dealer can provide.

I’ve reached out to Qolsys for info on this error, I have not seen it on the panel model you have indicated, and the PG9307 is a compatible model.

I already worked with alarm.com to resolve the issue, they did a software upgrade, issue is still not resolved, which is why I’m reaching out to you.

It’s seems that there is no resolution to this issue, so I’ve initiated a RMA return for these parts via email.

I appreciate your help on this matter.

No problem, I’ll still follow up here with word from Qolsys on the cause of that error.

No problem, I’ll still follow up here with word from Qolsys on the cause of that error.

I appreciate it Jason,

Thank you kindly

Hello,

Alarm.com notified me that they worked directly with the manufacturer “Qolsys” who stated that the Sensors that I bought are not compatible with my Qolsys panel even though it’s advertised as so. They apologized for the confusion and stated the following:

• Model PG9307 (915-5:010) is not compatible with my panel
  • Model PG9307 (915-3:010) is compatible.

Thanks,

Yep, that is the response I got from Qolsys as well. It appears our distributor had a batch of the incompatible model. It looks like an RMA is already processing for your order here.

I have a batch of (915-6 :010), and I get the same error. I know they are not compatible, but my question now is what are they actually compatible with? I have 30 sensors and they are no good to me haha. (Not from surety, this is just for my own curiosity)