Temperature alerts. Bad math?

Recently moved and setup new Qolsys 4 panel.

We have two Honeywell T6 Zwave thermostats. They are working as expected.

Configured high and low temp alerts as we have at our previous location. However the triggered notifications are not making sense.

• Girls side

Temperature Restored (76.0 F) (below 82.0 F)

• Girls side

Low Temperature Alert (76.1 F) (below 55.0 F)

• Master side

Temperature Restored (75.0 F) (below 82.0 F)

• Master side

Low Temperature Alert (75.2 F) (below 55.0 F)

This is happening for both units at the same time and immediately clear. Am I missing something?

Jason

I remember seeing a similar report to this recently. The first thing I would do is delete the notification, wait 5 minutes, then recreate and save.

Reboot the panel as well: Settings > Advanced Settings > Reboot Panel

Any change?

I also experienced these erroneous alerts, so I just turned them off. Didn’t spend time brainstorming a fix. I thought it might’ve been an issue with the alarm.com touchscreen thermostat I had just bought, so it’s good to know that you are also experiencing it on a different model.

But if deleting and re-adding the rules works, that’d be good to know!

Tried deleting the alert, rebooting panel and adding back. Still occurring. Seems like the logic in the rule is wrong. The alert is triggered for the low temp but the restoral is for the high temp.

I’m going to try and make separate notifications for high and low. Will see what that does.

Well it actually won’t let you do that. So I’ll just set it for the high temp since that is mostly what we will see in Texas. Mainly using this to know if system has stopped cooling due to clogged condensation line and such.

Alright, let us know if you see the same odd notification for the high temp portion. I’m reporting this info to ADC

Has anybody been able to figure out a resolution to this? Im experiencing the same thing. The system senda an error that both of my thermostats are reporting a low temperature. I recently switched from Frontpoint and had the same notification set up there with no problems.

I’ll reach out to ADC again on this and see what information they have. It doesn’t happen on all notifications, from what we have discussed with ADC it looks like some newer notifications created since a certain point can be affected.

A little more information. It alerts every 6 hours, then immediatly clears. Its active long enough to change the temperature back to the normal temp set point if I have a schedule set or Smart away is active. See screenshot.

Ive also experienced the same issue. Also using the Honeywell T6 thermostat and IQ4 panel. Is anyone using a thermostat other than a Honeywell T6 and still having that issue? The original poster also had a T6 thermostat and IQ4, sounds like it might just be affecting the T6 thermostat specifically or the combination of the T6 and the IQ4. I’ve had this issue going on since early October.

It is not limited to just that thermostat model, it has been reported on ADC-T3000 and the new T40K as well. It seems to be a rule specific error rather than device. Alarm.com engineers are investigating.

This is still happening as I set this alert up yesterday and it began sending the same erroneous alerts about the temperature from my two ADC-T2000 thermostats.

I am sending ADC your account to be investigated for this issue. I have seen it intermittently reported since the first reports. I will follow up with any new details here.

1 Like

Is there any update on this from ADC? I know I had also flagged this a while back for my T3000, but can’t find the thread. But this morning I received the erroneous alerts. It happens very frequently.

Yes, I spoke recently with them on this and they are working with Qolsys on this. It seems that potentially conflicting data may be sent. They seemed to have an idea of what is actually causing it, and it may require coordination with a Qolsys firmware update to fully resolve.