Switching to DIY?

I purchased a house with a Vivant Branded 2Gig GC3 Panel, door locks, doorbell camera motion, and entry sensors. I am not under contract to use Vivants Monitoring nor am I interested. Will your 2 GIG Switch to DYI package work with my system? If no do you have an availlibilty option? Switching out the current panel is not out of the question but not preferred ( it does look cool ),

I’m assuming this means you have the Sky Panel? If so, this panel is proprietary and can not be used with other companies. Many of the sensors however, could be re-used. Do you know what types of sensors you have? If you have the original Go!Control Panel, the switch to DIY panel would work.

If you do have the Sky Panel and want to switch out to one you can use elsewhere, you can replace it with the Go!Control panel and module, or wait for the highly anticipated release of the GC3. (ETA currently unknown)

These threads on the Sky Panel may also be of assistance -

Switching out the current panel is not out of the question but not preferred ( it does look cool ),

VIVINT panel that supports the Vivotek doorbell camera, is the Sky (aka 2GIG Go!2.0, aka GC2)

Do you have installer access? If not, you are locked out of programming config. You will never be able to unlock panel, install new sensors, cameras, etc. The panel functionality is limited.

If you do have installer access, you can use panel locally as security panel with cam, and automation hub, and install/program your own gear, sensors, and equip as you see fit.

Be aware!!
VIVINT or previous owner (or anyone else with vivint logon/app or website remote access credentials) can remotely access that panel, view camera feeds remotely, and disarm and engage/disengage door locks. I suggest you disable the panel’s ability to communicate (remove cellular module and disable WiFi).

You have two options for monitoring:

1. Replace panel, you can reuse all your current 2GIG/Resolution sensors, TAKE (if applicable), zwave Kwikset door locks, etc (you cannot reuse Vivotek/Vivint branded doorbell cam)

2. Keep panel and lock into Vivint contract (at around $70/month or so for the package that supports cameras and locks)

FYI

You can replace the Sky panel with a Go!Control for around $50 (2GIG Vivint branded on ebay, then update firmware to current version, and have Surety unlock and reprovision), or obtain a new 2GIG OEM panel for $150-$170 (Surety or ebay/Newegg).

You will need a 3G cell module also ($80-$120 or so) AT&T GC3GA-A; Verizon GCCDMV-A. (if the cell ends in “-V” it cannot be used)

Used Sky panels sell for around $200 or so on ebay.

Alternatively, the GC3 will be available soon (retail value is around $250-$300 or so)

I purchased a house with a Vivant Branded 2Gig GC3 Panel, door locks, doorbell camera motion, and entry sensors. I am not under contract to use Vivants Monitoring nor am I interested. Will your 2 GIG Switch to DYI package work with my system? If no do you have an availlibilty option? Switching out the current panel is not out of the question but not preferred ( it does look cool ),

For those with the locked out sky panel, that want to continue using it, and be able to install their own gear and sensors, it is being reported that there is a way to default the locked out Sky panel, and gain full installer and programming access. You will not be able to use cellular connectivity.

…the sky panel can be defaulted to get into installer programming.

1st you must remove cell unit

2nd Use the panel tamper switch as the reset

Power panel up after cell removal. Once at home screen, press and hold tamper button for about 30 seconds. Display reads “panel reset please wait”

Display will go blank, and panel will default to factory. YOU can then use 2203 installer code.

THIS WILL RESET ALL ZONES AND THE CONSOLE