Switching from Iq2 to Iq4

I’m Planning on switching my panels from Iq2 to Iq4. Can my 345 sensors, powerg sensors be back up and transfer to my iq4?

I know zwave has to be redone on the new panel, Does my liftmaster controls get transfer?

Requirements and steps to perform the swap, including what all can be restored are found in the guide below. Liftmaster devices are an automated integration at the time they are added to your account so they would need to be deleted and paired to your Alarm.com account again.

@jwcsurety

Can you please run back up on my iq2 so we can be ready to switch.

Also what hours are you guys available when I put new panel up to get this switch.

thank you

A backup has been completed. Please send us a private message or email to support@suretyhome.com when ready to perform the swap and settings restoral.

The swap can occur during business hours M-F 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST

Ok, No way for anyone to do esn transfer on Saturday?

No, a swap would need to be initiated during business hours. The swap itself cannot be scheduled in Alarm.com.

@jwcsurety just to confirm since I’m not home today. I have left the old panel on and new off. system is disarm. Once I private message you guys can you guys power down the old panel and change imei?

I will call my wife once you tell me to power new one up and and have her turn new panel on.

How long would it take ? Dose she only has to turn it or something else have to be done ? would it just download it by it self? Is this going to work for sure? I have quite a few sensors and want to make sure that all my 345 and power g sensors will transfer.

Also you mention that liftmaster integration will have to be redone. if that is the case then please remove both of my gateways so I can redo it.

just to confirm since I’m not home today. I have left the old panel on and new off. system is disarm. Once I private message you guys can you guys power down the old panel and change imei?

Both panels need to be off when you provide the new panel’s IMEI. This must be done locally, remote commands cannot be sent to fully power down. To power down safely:

• Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down
  • Unplug power supply from outlet
  • Open panel disconnect internal battery

How long would it take ? Dose she only has to turn it or something else have to be done ? would it just download it by it self? Is this going to work for sure? I have quite a few sensors and want to make sure that all my 345 and power g sensors will transfer.

Once we send the command to restore, you will need to power on the new panel only, leaving the old panel off.

Once on, the restore process will be automatic and take 20 minutes or so to complete. It will only pass Sensor programming and User codes.

Is this going to work for sure? I have quite a few sensors and want to make sure that all my 345 and power g sensors will transfer.

Its sent over cellular so it is possible to fail, or only partially complete. Typically there are no issues.

• PowerG sensors may need to be tampered, or have their enrollmment button pressed, to sync with the new panel after the restoral process has completed.
  • Do not program any sensors/devices into the new panel before the restoral is sent and completed. This will cause issues with the backup.

Also you mention that liftmaster integration will have to be redone. if that is the case then please remove both of my gateways so I can redo it.

Yes, the myQ integration would need to be redone in order for the garage door control to show up on the IQ Panel4. This would need to be done after the backup/restore process has been completed. Do you want me to remove the gateways now, or wait?

@tyler Thank you for this detail explanation. Unfortunately this will be a bit of a problem for us as we are going out of town next week for a week and i need to have the new panel up and running. I can have her the old panel off but there is no way to have her unplug it as its plug in to my garage door opener receptacle. and removing a battery out of the panel she just cant do it.

Is there any way of me emailing you directly tomorrow when I’m home in the morning to have this done. I work Monday through Friday and I will never be home before you guys close or open. I do have tons of sensors as you can see and don’t really want to have to enter them manually again.

Yes please remove my gateways for liftmaster now. I will have to do it anyways this weekend.

Also what about if we turn off my old panel now with battery connected and power connected just by turning it off in advanced menu and power down. new panel is plug in but off. I will send you my new imei and when i get home I will pull the plug and battery out of the old one and turn on the new one, would that work?

Tyler’s description goes a little further with the power down than is required for this particular purpose. Those are full steps to safely remove all power, but for the purpose of sending the restoral, we do just need it powered down so that it is not communicating.

You can accomplish this with just the first step of using the Power Down button in the UI.

Both the new and old panel should be powered down when we send the restoral. This is due to the order of operations we have to follow for most restoral swaps, so that the old panel cannot receive it and the new panel does not preemptively connect and overwrite the backup data before the restore is pushed.

You could just have someone on site power down the panel using the UI.

A swap must be initiated within business hours.

I’ve removed the MyQ gateways.

@jwcsurety I just had my wife power down my old panel. I will send you private message in a second with new imie number. Let me know when new panel should be power on.

@jwcsurety or @tyler

private message was sent to @jwcsurety.

Please let me know when i have to power on new panel.

Confirmation was sent to the PM, you can power on the new panel now.