Switching from FrontPoint - Setup Procedure?

I currently have a SimonXT system with z-wave thermostats, door lock, and GE sensors.

QOLSYS PANEL:
I want to get the Qolsys panel. I was going to order here, but the price was higher + a shipping cost. On Amazon, there is one for $329.00 and free prime shipping and it’s unlocked.

Are there different versions of the Qolsys panel? Is the deal because it’s an older one?

SWITCHING PANELS:
So I buy the Amazon Qolsys panel, is there a procedure for removing all z-wave and sensors from that panel? Or do I just call Frontpoint, tell them I’m cancelling, unplug the panel, and that’s it?

What is the procedure for getting my existing sensors and z-wave items enrolled to the new panel?
Who do I call or contact to give the EMID on the QOLSYS panel to get my system activated? Alarm.com? or SuretyDIY?

I’m ready to switch, just want to make sure I’m educated and it’s seamless as possible once I pull the trigger. Thanks!

Are there different versions of the Qolsys panel? Is the deal because it’s an older one?

Could not speak to pricing of different vendors.

There are different hardware revisions, yes. The number to watch for is the RFPIC. if it is 8.2 or later, it is field upgradeable (updates along with firmware).

If it is a prior version, it cannot be upgraded. RFPIC determines sensor compatibility. Older versions 1 and 6 are fairly limited.

So I buy the Amazon Qolsys panel, is there a procedure for removing all z-wave and sensors from that panel?

If it is a new panel, there would be no sensors programmed.

If you are referring to your existing panel, nothing really needs to be done. Sensors can be added to any number of systems. Z-wave devices can only be registered to one network at a time, but you can clear their previous connection using any controller (like the Qolsys)

What is the procedure for getting my existing sensors and z-wave items enrolled to the new panel? Who do I call or contact to give the EMID on the QOLSYS panel to get my system activated? Alarm.com? or SuretyDIY?

Instructions for learning in sensors would be determined by the sensor types. Qolsys programming is pretty simplistic. See videos below showing a few sensor types.

Door/Window Sensor
Motion Detector
Image Sensor

To get set up with service, you would simply order the service plan you want from our website. Gold Interactive (includes Alarm.com Z-wave Automation) can be found here.

You will fill out a survey during the order process which provides our team all the necessary info to create your account.

PANEL SETUP:
My apologies, I did mean to say removing items from Simon XT panel. I called FrontPoint. I had to send cancellation in writing, and still have another 30 days with them. Right before my 30 days is up, I can call them, and they will batch delete (through their end) all the z-wave items linked to the panel so I can easily link them to the new panel. The GE sensors I dont have to do anything, they will just connect as normal to the new system.

QOLSYS PANEL:
I contacted the seller on the QolSys panel. They said that the Qolsys panel is directly from the manufacturer within the last 2 months, and that the Firmware is version F. They didnt know where to find the RFPIC version. They said if it wasnt what I needed, then I could return it at no cost. Where do I go to find the RFPIC version once I receive it?

SENSOR LEARNING:
Thank you for the instructional videos!
For the doors, I’m not pulling a battery out since it’s not new. Do I just open a door for it to learn that sensor?
For the motion, It looks like I just open the sensor case up on the wall, and it will trip it to learn.
I also have a smoke or carbon dioxide sensor. Is there information on how to learn that one to the system?

Thanks for all the help!

I received the panel today. I updated the software on it. Checking in the about section, the RPIC is 8.3.3, Hardware Revision G.

Pairing door/windows sensors was as easy as auto learn, then opening the door I wanted it to learn. I didn’t need to open the sensor itself to trip the tamper setting.
The smoke alarm, I simply twisted counterclockwise to set off the tamper to learn that.
Motion sensors were straightforward as well.

For the Simon XT panel from FrontPoint, I held down the * button to access the ability to add or delete z-wave devices. I then manually deleted each z-wave device from the panel. The autolearn on the Qolsys was super easy to learn the z-wave devices into that.

My Qolsys panel is now up and running, updated, and has all sensors and z-wave items programmed. Tomorrow I will be calling FrontPoint to have them switch my panel from the Simon XT to the Qolsys.

Once my service ends with them at the end of May and I switch to the Suretydiy service, do I need to tell them to do anything? Since I purchased an unlocked unit, I should be good to go?

Thanks for all the help on getting me up and running!

I received the panel today. I updated the software on it. Checking in the about section, the RPIC is 8.3.3, Hardware Revision G.

That would be field upgradeable RFPIC, which is good, so compatibility with new sensors will update with firmware.

The autolearn on the Qolsys was super easy to learn the z-wave devices into that.

Qolsys did make both sensor and Z-wave learning very intuitive.

Once my service ends with them at the end of May and I switch to the Suretydiy service, do I need to tell them to do anything? Since I purchased an unlocked unit, I should be good to go?

Once the previous account has been deleted and the module number is no longer associated with an account, it will be available for a new account. Nothing else would be needed.