Switch from Frontpoint confirmation

Okay, so I have cancelled my Frontpoint service, and it will end at the end of the month. I know that I need to remove my cameras from my system, and I know that I will need to purchase one of the new panels from Surety.
Is there anything else I need to disconnect / remove from the Frontpoint system before the big switchover?
I have a variety of equipment: window/door sensors, glass break sensors, Schlage smart door locks, a few Z-wave bulbs, a fire/CO2 alarm, a few cameras (including Skybell), a Chamberlain garage door sensor/hub.
Do I need to disconnect / reset all of the Z-wave devices before switching?
Any other advice to ensure a smooth transition?

I’m assuming that any automation scripts I have will need to be redone. There’s no way to export these, correct? (E.g. turn on garage lights when garage door opens)

Thanks in advance!

Happy to assist!

. I know that I need to remove my cameras from my system, and I know that I will need to purchase one of the new panels from Surety.

What panel do you currently have? You will need an Alarm.com compatible panel with a 4G LTE cellular module (unregistered) in order to use service through Surety.

Do I need to disconnect / reset all of the Z-wave devices before switching?

Only if you are obtaining a new panel. Z-Wave devices need to be cleared from the network before they can be used on another network, but the clearing can be done from any Z-Wave hub.

a few cameras (including Skybell), a Chamberlain garage door sensor/hub.
removing these from your current account first would be necessary in order to use them through Surety if the frontpoint account is still active when you try to set them up through Surety, they can only be tied to one account at a time.

I’m assuming that any automation scripts I have will need to be redone. There’s no way to export these, correct?

When setting up a new Alarm.com account that is correct, the rules/scenes/notifications etc. that you have through Alarm.com now would need to be recreated.

Thanks @tyler
I don’t have the name of my panel off-hand, but it is definitely an ADC-compatible Qolsys IQ panel. However, it is the older version with unsupportable cellular. I understand that I need to upgrade and am planning to purchase the recommended Qolsys panel.

When you say that clearing can be done from any Z-wave hub, does this mean that my new panel would be able to do the clearing?

At this point, I’m mostly concerned about what needs to be done by me (or Frontpoint) prior to the end of the month.
I’ll likely order a new panel from you guys within the next week or so.

Qolsys IQ panel. However, it is the older version with unsupportable cellular. I understand that I need to upgrade and am planning to purchase the recommended Qolsys panel.

This one here? That is the Gen 1 Qolsys IQ Panel and yes it would need to be replaced as its built in 3G module can no longer be used to set up service through Alarm.com.

When you say that clearing can be done from any Z-wave hub, does this mean that my new panel would be able to do the clearing?

Yes that is correct. You could clear the Z-Wave devices from the Gen 1 now, or wait until you obtain a new panel.

At this point, I’m mostly concerned about what needs to be done by me (or Frontpoint) prior to the end of the month.

Any cameras, irrigation control, MyQ devices, Sonos devices, etc. that are connected to alarm.com already would need to be removed before you can add them to a new Alarm.com account. They should automatically be removed when the existing ADC account is terminated, but not all dealers terminate the account. You might want to reach out to them to confirm.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ QS9201-1208-840 works with the same wireless sensors and Z-Wave devices that your Gen 1 panel does. It does not work with the same secondary panel nor does it work with Image Sensors out of the box.

Sensor programming and Z-Wave programming guides for the IQ Panel 2+ can be found below:

Okay so I’m mostly set up with my new Qolsys / Surety system. I’m having trouble with one of my two Schlage smart door locks. Using the programming code, I can easily clear and add my garage door lock. However, within one min or so of adding, the garage door lock throws a malfunction code “Malfunction (Garage door lock) indicates that this device is unable to send signals to your security panel. Automation rules and commands to control this device may not work.” To do the lock add, I bring the panel to within a few feet of the lock. During the last malfunction, I left the panel within a few feet of the lock and it still failed.

Other minor issues - it appears that I need Frontpoint to remove the myQ Liftmaster / Chamberlain gateway from my Frontpoint account (which terminates in 6 days). It doesn’t look like I can do this myself, correct? When trying to add it to my Surety ADC system, I got a message that the S/N was already installed on another account. I tried deleting the device, but I don’t think that removes the gateway.

I still have a few things to add - remote fob and a smoke detector or two. However, I was able to get most of the system up and running in a few hours.

What is the date code on that Schlage lock? What is the model number?

There is a limitation with Schlage, their older locks, ones manufactured before December 2019, do not work properly with newer 700 series Z-wave radios like what is found in the IQ Panel 2+.

Yes, you are right, the Liftmaster hub must be deleted by the dealer that manages the account. You can request your prior provider to delete that hub so you can reuse it.

Thanks @jwcsurety - how do I find the Schlage date code?
Both of my locks (including the one that works) are BE469 and were purchased in early 2018.
Is there any workaround? I thought it was strange that one of the two locks works seamlessly and one doesn’t.

Interesting. Not sure if you guys (Surety) did anything, but the non-functional lock started working a day or so later. Both locks now appear to be working.

We’ve not sent any additional commands. If those are working well enough for you then you should be good, but certain functions are likely to not work, such as user identification (reporting the actual user that unlocked the lock) on older Schlages.

There is no workaround or update from Schlage for those locks on newer radios. Models manufactured after December 2019 are not subject to the issue.